ɪx. resistance

Sooner or later, the sleep deprived soldier stumbled into the kitchen.

Inside, she saw the back of a woman's head, her legs tucked beneath her and her hands resting in her lap.

She seemed calm, composed and indifferent. This didn't fool Y/n, however, as she once again recognised that very same long purple braid.

Speak of the devil.

"Ei!" She called, with no answer.

"Eii~" Still nothing.

Her eyebrows furrowing in concern,
Y/n walked into the woman's line of vision and waved her hand before her nose.

"Ei?"

Defying her expectations, the woman didn't even flinch. Instead, she simply turned her head slowly, her eyes fixating on the soldier.

"Oh. You're awake."

At this point, Y/n was extremely confused. Judging by Ei's more recent behaviour, this indifferent attitude seemed off.

After a momentary decision, she slapped her arm to see if she was dreaming.

She wasn't.

"Here, eat this."

The puppet-like being reached for a plate, handing it to the soldier.

"Uhm... Thank you?"

No response.

They continued to sit in silence for a moment, a silence that was awkward.

"So... What are you doing here? I thought that you were to remain in your Plane of Euthymia.."

'Ei' blinked.

"Plane of Euthymia, you say.."

"I- yes?"

"Hm. I have always remained here, fulfilling my duties as her assistant."

"Assistant? Whose assistant?"

The woman looked away from her, and
Y/n huffed.

"If you're going to keep ignoring me, I'm leaving."

No answer.

"Hey!"

Still nothing.

Y/n sighed, before strutting out of the room.

Just before she reached the door, however, 'Ei's' head suddenly snapped towards her.

"Wait."

"What?" The soldier turned around in annoyance, but her eyes widened when she saw the bright purple glow appear in 'Ei's' eyes.

Next thing she knew, she was sprawled out on the floor, staring up at a red sky once again.

The red sky that seemed to get ever so slightly brighter upon her arrival.

Y/n sat up, looking around. She met Ei's eyes, and the pair stared at each other for a moment.

It was almost as if Y/n was trying to verify her existence.

Eventually, the soldier spoke, her voice betraying her irritation.

"You know, I don't appreciate being ignored."

A look of hurt and guilt momentarily crossed the Archon's face, confirming
Y/n's suspicions.

"..But that wasn't you, was it."

Ei was shocked at the surety of the statement. It wasn't even a question, but rather the soldier making known what she had already worked out.

In so little time, Y/n could already see through her, and it left her with no choice but to explain the Shogun.