"Sure," Beckham rolled his eyes. "You get some rest. I'll be back to check on you in an hour."

I collapsed against the pillows, fumbling around for remote as Beckham left the room when my phone pinged for like the thousandth time today. I didn't bother checking it, I already knew who it was. Evander has been incessantly blowing up my phone since disclosing that we're "siblings". I'm five seconds away from blocking him. The only reason I haven't is because I feel bad....

While I don't respond to any of his messages, I do read them. I even turned on my read receipts so he knows I'm reading them. Apparently his parents are separating. His mother didn't have a clue that my sperm donor had abandoned his first family. It wasn't the fact that he had another child that she couldn't deal with, it was the fact that he had abandoned me and attempted to erase me from his memory. Not well enough though I've been told he would stalk my Instagram occasionally to ensure I was doing okay. The only reason any of it came out was because he allegedly became overwhelmed with guilt after hearing about what happened to me in LA.

It took his child almost being murdered by a cop for him to actually care. If I were Evander's Mom, I'd be filing for divorce too. That's some weak ass shit. That's some Tyler Perry ass shit. And as bad as I may feel for Evander, I don't have the energy to deal with any of it. 

Unfortunately Beckham ended up being right. At some point during my spiral of overthinking, I found myself drifting off to sleep. I guess I was tired... He may not be wrong all the time.

 He may not be wrong all the time

Today is a very special day..." Xiomara gushed, she was adamant on making a toast.

I felt that was an unnecessary gesture at a five year old's party, as it will only bore Jayce. However, I could tell that it was important to her so I conceded. It's not like it will cause any harm.

"I have always wanted to be a grandmother. Since the day I became a mother, and I owe Lennoxita the world for giving me not one, but two grandbabies!"

The adults in the room broke into laughter at that statement. As Beckham wrapped his arms around my waist with the largest grin plastered on his face. "We did good, Princess." He whispered in my ear before placing a kiss on my temple.

"I've loved Jayce like one of my own since the moment I met her." This was true, "And I'm so happy that now it's official. Te amo, mi vida."

"Te amo Lita!" Jayce sing-songed in reply. That's the extent of her Spanish as that's all that Xiomara has taught her so far. She calls her Lita, short for Abuelita since she already refers to Ms. April as her grandma.

"Oohh, I wanna give a toast next!" Christian's hand shot up in the air with a little bit too much excitement for my liking. Absolutely not. He's spent a little too much time at the mimosa bar for me to trust his judgment in this moment. 

I cut my eyes at him. Sending a very obvious message without having to verbalize what I'm thinking, of course, Christian is a little too buzzed to pick up on nuanced social cues.