9d. ➝ Chapter 7 - Circus

Start from the beginning

"No, I'm so sorry." Vision apologised to the man. "We have a pior engagement." Vision explained as we started to walk off. But the man swiftly clamped his hand around Darcy's arm keeping her from moving far.

"She's not goin' anywhere." He seethed. I was just about to layer some of my mind control on top of Wanda's but Darcy beat me to the punch, literally. She swung her other fist around slamming it into the side of his nose. He grunted, letting go of her arm as he fell down to the ground. I let out a huffy chuckle, extremely impressed.

"Oh, no!" Vision yelled while I yelled the complete opposite.

"Oh, yes!" I wooped, pumping my fist into the air briefly. "I've been wanting to do that ever since I first met him."

"My nose!" The man yelled out, his voice sounding quite nasally. He brought his hand up to it before pulling it back now seeing the blood staining his knuckle.

"Come on." Vision hurriedly waved as he started to jog away.

"Sorry." Darcy quickly apologised, she didn't really sound all too sorry though. I chuckled again and jogged off after Vision, Darcy hot on my tail.

We quickly piled into the van, Darcy taking the drivers seat, I stood in the back portion of the vehicle, bobbing down in between the two seats and letting Vision take the passenger seat.

"Where do you think you're going? Get back here!" The man yelled pushing himself up off of the hay covered ground.

"To your house, I assume?" Darcy chimed as Vision slammed the sliding door shut.

"My questions." Vision said as Darcy started the search for the vehicle's keys. "Are my children safe?" Vision asked making my heart ache at the thought of something bad happening to my nephews.

"That we don't know." Darcy replied with an sorry look before she continued her search.

"And who is that imposter Pietro?"

"We also don't know." I fielded that one. Darcy reached forwards to the little hula girl glued to the dashboard. She pulled back the keys from the ornaments skirt presenting them proudly to us.

"A-ha!" She chimed. I quickly waved my hand in a rapid circle silently telling her to hurry up and drive. "Let's roll." She said getting my message and inserting the key into the ignition.

"Great."

As the van struggled to come to life the strong man suddenly slammed into the window causing Vision to scream. The man began pounding his fist against the window angrily, telling us to get out of the van.

"Sorry, can't hear you." Vision replied, over accentuating his lip movements as he motioned to where his ear should be. He quickly turned back to Darcy. "Drive!" He shouted just as the engine hummed to life and Darcy put it in gear. He turned back to the window as we started to slowly move. "I'm so sorry. We were double-booked by the agents."

The man started yelling stuff back as he attempted to chase after us. But of course since we were in a van he didn't stand much of a chance. Darcy honked the horn as we left the circus, getting out onto the roads of Westview.

---

While we drove back towards town me and Darcy took turns retelling the story of his life pretty much. From his birth as Tony's AI up to now. He seemed to have a tough time comprehending it all. And I couldn't really blame him, he couldn't remember anything past this week. He suddenly smacked his lips making me and Darcy both glance his way.