9d. ➝ Chapter 7 - Circus

Start from the beginning

"No, no, no. Please. Just hear me out." Vision fumbled out, earning a small nod from Darcy as she placed her hands on her hips. I grinned and stepped around her so I was facing her as well. "Alright. I believe that you were part of a team monitoring a supernatural anomaly."

"You were." I agreed seeing her partially annoyed and unimpressed expression. "We both were. And now we're... well in it." I huffed out, a small smile forming on my lips. Darcy sighed heavily in response before holding out her hand, motioning it towards Vision.

"Fine. I'll go out with you, but I'm ordering the lobster." I immediately frowned at her sentence.

"What?" I asked confused. Vision let out a sigh as she started to walk off again. "Vision please tell me you've found a way to get rid of Wanda's mid control." I said rolling my head in his direction. His eyes seemed to light up at that slightly.

"Oh, no. Look, that mime..." Vision hurriedly shouted out, throwing his finger towards a mime across the open space. "His tray is getting too heavy." He continued, making me frown not quite sure where he was going with this. But his words did get Darcy to stop and turn towards the mime in distress.

"Oh, you're bad back." Darcy called out to him. While she was distracted Vision came up behind her and pressed his fingertips to her temples. A wave seemed to go through her body before Vision let go and she started to stumble backwards.

"Ooh. Whoa!" She mumbled out, regaining her lost balance. I quickly stepped forward, that sounded more like the Darcy I knew. "Whew." She continued taking in her new surroundings.

"Awake?" Vision asked.

"Ooh, uh, yeah." She responded, doubling over slightly. I couldn't help but breathe a breath of relief that she was back.

"You okay?" I asked worriedly, Vision keeping his hands out just in case she fell over.

"Oh, hello, self." She mumbled to herself. Getting your brain back even if you've only been under for a matter of minutes must be weird. I couldn't even imagine. "You know, a part of me secretly wanted a guest spot on the show, but seriously, that sucked." I chuckled lightly at her.

"Look, uh, who are you two?" Vision asked glancing between me and Darcy.

"Darcy Lewis."

"Dr. Darcy Lewis." Vision repeated, looking off to the side. "I intercepted a communication regarding your work." He continued before looking to me expectantly.

"Y/n Maximoff. I'm Wanda's little sister." I explained promptly. He looked sort of stunned at what I'd just told him, he kept parting his lips to speak but no words came out.

"Hey, the lions just got off stage. You're up." Hayward's go to guy turned strong man yelled over to Vision and probably Darcy.

"I have questions." Vision whispered turning back to me and Darcy.

"And we have answers." Darcy replied, I nodded in agreement. "Uh..." She suddenly trailed off looking for a way out of here. All of our eyes seemed to simultaneously land on the funnel cakes van a few feet away. "Ooh, should we take this convo on the road?" Darcy asked looking between me and Vision

"Excellent." Vision exclaimed.

"You two are up." The strong man yelled in aggravation, having stopped next to our huddled group.