PART 8: fire meet gasoline;

After the event, Mal and Evie got really touchy with each other. It wasn't just the hugging every time they see each other; it was all the time. From small touches on the arm when talking - to constantly invading personal space.

Mal couldn't remember when it started. She didn't even think of it like she usually does. There were a few times when she got more touchy with Uma and she acted like it was the end of the world. So this was something new because Evie didn't flinch when she would get close to her.

The blonde couldn't even control it, it just happens all the time when they are together. She was sure that Jay and Carlos have caught on to it too.

It was nice though, Mal found it refreshing and different and kind of addicting, because once it started - it turned into the most casual thing. Friends are touchy with each other, right?

One Friday night, instead of going to their usual bar Mal decided to get her colleagues to a karaoke bar. Of course, Evie was the cause of this incredible idea and they reserved a karaoke room for them and their friends.

Uma grunted all the way there, making it extremely clear that she was so not liking that idea. Everyone would just listen to her complaints, roll their eyes, and continue ignoring her.

"Uma, c'mon, it's going to be fun," Jane spoke finally trying to shut the other woman up. They were walking into the karaoke place.

"Fun, my ass," Uma replied closing the door after them.

"Hi, we must have a reservation," Mal asked the first person that was working in the bar.

"Alright, could you please go ask on the bar?" the man returned and walked past them to a table to take orders.

Once they walked further into the large room, it was filled with people and there was one person singing karaoke on the stage. The lights were dim in blue and red colors. Mal thought she would trip over something and break her face on the floor.

When the small group made their way to the bar, they were instructed on how to get to the karaoke room. Apparently, Evie was already there with her friends.

"Mal!" the first thing Mal heard and saw when she entered the room, was Evie. The brunette was giving her one long, warm hug. When the hug ended they didn't separate a lot from each other. Their hands were still on one another.

"Hi, Uma," Evie greeted with a big smile when recognizing her in the group of people.

"Hey there, perky girl," Uma returned, suspiciously looking at their closeness.

"E, this is Jane," Mal pointed to the short blue-eyed girl who smiled shyly in return. "And this is Anthony," the tall boy nodded his head with acknowledgment.

"It's nice to meet you guys, I'm-" Evie was cut short.

"We know who you are," Anthony spoke, smirking.

"O-oh, okay," Evie blushed at his words and moved away from Mal.

"Hi, Mal!" Carlos waved at her from his place on the couch. Jay smiled at her, hip to hip to his boyfriend. Lonnie was sitting next to Jay talking with a girl that Mal didn't recognize.

"Hey, guys. Have you ordered anything yet?" Mal asked trying to take a seat next to Evie.

"Nah, just some drinks, we came not so long ago," Jay explained.

When they all settled around the table, they ordered some food and talked getting to know each other and enjoying the company. It did not take long for Mal to relax. After a few drinks, she loosened up and was leaning her head on Evie's shoulder. Half asleep, she listened to the taller woman's soothing voice as she was telling a story to a pink-haired woman named Audrey. She almost forgot they were at a karaoke bar until someone dimmed the lights even more and turned the volume of the music on. The big hanging monitor on the opposite wall of Mal suddenly lit up brightly.