Chapter 20

"Anya. We've been together for a long time now. I've saved your life and you've saved mine. We've been through thick and thin together and I would do anything to be yours forever. That's why I wanted to ask," Josh said and he got down on one knee, "Anya. Will you marry me?"

Anya covered her mouth in shock.
"I know I've asked this before and you said you wanted to wait till we were ready and I'm ready. I am completely and 110% ready to take our relationship to the next level." Josh continued when she didn't say anything.
I could see the tears running down her face. Josh then broke out into a smile and she started nodding frantically. The audience cheered as Josh slid a ring into her finger and kissed her. I squealed and jumped up and down in excitement.
"This song is dedicated to my new fiancé!" Josh yelled into the mic, his face plastered with the biggest grin I've ever seen on his face as the band began to play Cross My Heart.
Anya made it back over to where the boys and I were with the help of security.
"Lemme see!!" I say excitedly.
Anya shows me the prettiest ring I've ever seen. It had a silver band aligned with light blue sapphires on either side of the diamond. Josh couldn't have picked a more perfect ring.
"It's so pretty!" I gushed to her.
She blushed, "Thank you. I think so too!"
"Congrats!" Phil says cutting into the conversation.
"Thanks Phil." Anya replied.
We turned back to the concert enjoying our favourite band play.

*A few days later*
"Do you have to go so soon?" Anya pouts whilst hugging me.
"Yes I do. I have to go back to work before they fire me." I say with a slight laugh, hugging her back.
"Fine but don't forget about me!!" She says releasing me from our hug.
"How could I ever forget you!" I gasp.
We both start laughing and she agreed that she's one that I would never forget. I say my goodbyes to Ian, Mike, Matt, and finally Josh.
"Don't you be hurting my girl here. Take real good care of her." I say to him.
"Don't worry," he pulls Anya to his side, "I'm not letting her go."
Anya giggles and blushes as she hugs Josh.
"We'll let you know when we've landed!" I say before getting into the cab with Dan and Phil. The three of us wave goodbye and we head to the airport.

*One week later*
I'm going to do it. Tonight is the night I'm going to tell Phil that he's the one. I've almost told him several times this past week and both Anya and Jessica have been on my butt about telling him. The thing is though, I have to let Dan down but I think he's been getting along more and more with my coworker Crystal.
I walk out of my room and over to the couch where Dan is sat in his scrolling position. Phil had gone to the shops to pick up some more bread and milk so it was now or never with Dan.
"Hey Dan?" I say sitting beside him.
"Yes Jenna?" He says sitting up and closing his laptop. "What's up?"
"I uh I think it's best if we just stay friends. I know we had something but I think that you should be with Crystal. You two have been hitting it off so well."
"You know what Jenna? I'm really glad you agree. I was thinking about talking to you about the same thing. We are better off as just friends." He says smiling.
I hug him. "I'm glad we are on the same page."
"Oh we definitely are. And besides, Crystal looks at me the same way you look at Phil." He replies letting me out of our hug.
"You- wait. What do you mean?"
"I see the way you look at him and the way your eyes sparkle when you're around him. Crystal does the same thing with me."
I smile.
"You should really tell him how you feel before it's too late." He continues.
"I'm planning on telling him tonight. Do you think maybe you could go out tonight?"
"Yeah sure. I'll call up Crystal right now and ask her if she up for hanging out." He said standing up.
"Oh hey Dan?" I say before he leaves the room.
"Yessss?" He asks.
"You should tell Crystal how you feel too." I reply getting up from the couch.
"I think you are quite right about that." And with that he leaves the room.
I could hear him on the phone a short while later. I giggle to myself knowing that Crystal is really lucky to have Dan.
I walk back over to the couch and turn on the telly. Doctor Who was on. Since living with the boys, it has now become my new obsession.
Turns out it was a marathon. I got so engrossed with the telly that I didn't hear the front door open or someone walk into the room until Phil sat down next to me on the couch.
I let out a short scream out of surprise. Phil just laughed.
"Oh Jenna. What am I going to do with you." He says pulling me closer to him in attempt to calm me down. I turn and look at him.
"Would you like to have dinner with me, just the two of us?" I ask.
He seemed surprised, "Of course. I'd love to. What's the occasion?"
"No occasion, I just thought some time with just the two of us would be nice for a bit. Dan is going to Crystal's so we can have dinner here."
"Sounds great."
Phil stands up and then offers a hand to me and helps me up.
"Why thank you kind sir." I say with a giggle.
"You are welcome my lady."
We walk to the kitchen and prepare dinner together. The evening was filled with laughs and joyous moments.
We were currently finishing up our dessert of lemon meringue pie when I decided this would be the time. It's now or never.
"Hey Phil?" I say placing my fork back down on the plate.
"Mm yes?" He said swallowing the rest of his pie.
"There's something I've been meaning to tell you for a while now and I never knew quite how to say it."
"What is it?" He asks, eyes starting to fill with concern.
"It's uh well I uh." I try talking but nothing comes out. Phil laughs slightly at my lack of words and takes my hand in his.
"You can tell me anything, you know that right?" He explains.
"Yes I do know and that's why I have to tell you this. Phillip Michael Lester. You took me into your life when only knowing me for a day or two. You put a roof over my head and helped me try and navigate the tube. You've sparked something inside me that no one else has. I care about you so much and I just have one thing to tell you." I pause for a dramatic effect.
"Phil, I am in love with you."

<---------------------------------->
I'm baaaaaack. So what do you think?
I'm thinking that this book is actually coming to an end here pretty quick. I wanna thank you all for all the support and critique you've given me.
15.6K views. Wow. It just takes my breath away knowing that so many people have seen and read my book.
I'd really like to know if you'd like a sequel or just an epilogue.
Let me know in the comments ASAP!
Thanks again everyone. This book has been quite a journey and has been my rock in times of need.

Don't forget to:

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN!!

I'd really like to know if you want a sequel or an epilogue.

~Jenna (Author)