14.

Sex with Zavien was on a whole other level of pleasure.

The way he holds me, touches me, his voice, the commands he gives, the praise. He was a dom who knew what he was doing. And there was always, always aftercare, no matter what. It's been a day since I had seen Zavien after our . . . scene in the green room. I had spent the rest of the day curled up in Zavien's bed and once I was back to being myself, he had ordered dinner and Auset had driven me home afterwards.

The day after that I went around with Madan, to the various clubs he was overseeing for Zavien. I was given the books and an overall estimate of how much the club makes, besides the drinking and with the drugs being sold. We had an hour-long lunch and then it was back on the road again.

Today, I was already awake and standing at my counter pouring some hot water into my huge yellow mug, mixing in the coffee. I dropped the spoon and raised the mug to my lips, still a little bit sleepy. It was my day off, apparently and I intended to sleep in for as long as I could. I was used to sitting in one place and all this moving and driving around was wearing me out, I was not used to it yet.

I was still sipping my drink when my phone vibrated against the counter. I picked it up and my eyes nearly popped out of my head.

It was an alert for ten thousand, from Amante Inc.

I was still gaping at it when the screen changed and a call came in, Zavien's name flashing. I tapped the green button and raised the phone to my ear.

"Good morning, Zav." I said in greeting.

"Good morning, darling. Since you're awake, I trust you've gotten the money I sent." Zavien said and I gently placed the coffee on the counter.

"I did. Um. . . what am I meant to do with it?" I asked, still not really sure what was happening. It wasn't my salary, the one comes at the end of the month and that was next week.

"It's for you, baby. Your allowance."

"Zavien, I work for you and I already get paid." I said, leaning against the counter.

"That's your salary but this is your allowance. You're allowed to buy anything and everything but today you can have a spa day, treat yourself for me baby."

"Zav. . ."

"I'll pick you up by eight tonight. Let's have our first date." he said, his voice going soft and I sighed.

"Thank you, Zav."

"Anything for you, baby." he said and I grinned. "Someone will be there in about. . . fifteen minutes with your breakfast."

I gaped, lips parted. "You didn't have to."

"I like taking care of what's mine, baby." Zavien responded and I found myself smiling. I really liked it when he called me his. Like he owned me and I was starting to really believe he does, contract aside. "Have a wonderful day off, baby. Don't forget to text me how your day's going."

"I will, Zav. Thank you again."

The call ends a couple seconds later. True to his word, my bell goes off in fifteen minutes. I rushed to the door, looking through the peephole and opening when I saw a girl holding up a stack of brown boxes. She handed me the boxes and walked away.

Zavien had ordered pancakes, crepes, waffles with eggs and bacon with little chicken wings. I took a picture of it and sent it to Zavien, telling him thank you through a text and he replied with a thumbs up. With an episode of The Office playing on the tv, I sat down comfortably on the ground, moving closer to the center table as I dug in.

It was so tasty and within minutes I was done with my food. I let out a satisfied sigh as I leaned back, resting against the couch as I stared up at the ceiling. A whole day to do nothing, to take care of myself with ten grand. My first date with Zavien was tonight and I could feel the butterflies in my tummy. I was excited but at the same time I was also nervous. What if after the date Zavien realizes he really didn't like me like it? What if after the date Zavien realizes I was not as interesting as he believed?