10.

My first day of work was literally the very next day after visiting Zavien at his castle.

It was eight am and I was lying on the bed, chewing on a carrot and scrolling through my twitter app, laughing at some memes here and some videos there. I was almost done with the carrot when my phone began to ring, just some numbers and no ID. I instantly swiped and pressed the phone to my ear, my attention now on my ceiling. Should I stick some stars up there or should I get that milky way stars lamp thing? That would be neat.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Nuri. It's Emily . ." she said.

"Good morning to you, Emily." I said, pulling the carrot out of my mouth. "How may I help?"

"A car will be there in thirty minutes, you're going to some of the branches with the boss." She replied with a little chuckle.

"I'll be ready." I said, already sitting up.

"Aw, it's baby's first day at work." Emily cooed and I laughed.

"I'm a grown man."

"But still younger than me. So. . . a baby." she said. "I'll see you later."

"Bye, Em." I said and then the call ended. I tossed the phone onto my bed and walked over to my little closet. True to his word, Zavien had ordered a bunch of suits for me, all of them with a designer tag, most of them solid colored, some of them with pinstripes. Along with the suits came a whole lot of shirts to go along with it, all colors of the rainbow and more.

For today, I decided to go with a simple black suit and a black button up shirt with just the collar buttons popped. I debated what to do with my hair and ended up just brushing it into its usual fringe, pouring some styling powder on it and running my fingers through, to make it look fluffy and not flat. For shoes, I decided to go with my converse.

By the time I was done, it was already thirty minutes and there was a car waiting outside. I grabbed my phone and wallet before heading out, making sure my door was locked before walking out of the building.

A very friendly face stepped out of the car and I smiled at him, waving a little.

"Auset. . . good morning." I said, still waving.

"It is good to see you again, Mr. Nuri." he said and I grinned at him. Auset pulled open the car door and I got in. He shut the door and slipped into the driver's seat. He had just pulled away from my parking lot when my phone vibrated.

Zavien and I exchanged our good morning greetings but seeing another message from him made me happy.

From Zav: Darling, ask Auset for the bag I gave him this morning. You should set it up and put up a password.

I did as I was told and Auset swiftly pulled a black suitcase from the passenger's seat beside him and handed it to me. I sent Zavien a quick message, telling him I have gotten the bag. It was a black interwoven laptop and at the top near the zip was the brand name, Bottega Veneta.

Inside the bag was a sleek gold laptop with an alien head on it. I was so happy holding on to it. It was new and smelt new and oh my goodness, the laptop was thin and the graphics were amazing. I quickly put up a password, connecting the laptop to the car's wifi and downloading the apps and things I needed to work.

"You look happy, Mr. Nuri." Auset said and I looked up at him.

"The happiest." I said. "I have always wanted one of these." I added, smiling at the man.

To Zav: I have put up a password and downloaded some other things I will need.

From Zav: Good boy