𝐒𝐈𝐗. when came the wolves

✧☾ ATONEMENT ☽✧

━━━━ act one. full moon

 full moon

 six. when came the wolves ━━━━

 when came the wolves ━━━━

°  ✦            *

✦ •                ·:·               °.

˚✧            + +                      ✦

WITH DETERMINED STEPS NOLA MARCHED DOWN THE HALLWAY, RIGHT UP TO THE DOOR OF THE GUIDANCE COUNSELOR'S OFFICE. She didn't bother knocking and stormed inside. She kicked the door shut behind her, not once taking her eyes off the woman seated behind the desk. If Marin had been startled by her entrance, she certainly didn't show it. She was like her brother that way, completely unreadable. And right now, Nola didn't have the patience to deal with any more secrets or riddles.

After leaving the animal clinic, Nola had muttered some excuse to Stiles about having forgotten her books after which she went straight back to school. He hadn't questioned her, too caught up in his own thoughts. Which she was grateful for because had he asked questions, her lie would have fallen apart far too easily. But she'd reached the school without any more surprises. She wanted answers and she wanted them now. And who better to start with than her father's very own emissary?

"Can I help you?" Marin asked calmly while sorting through the papers on her desk.

"There's a Druid out there killing people, using a very fun ritual," Nola said, not having the slightest bit of restraint to be subtle. "Maybe you've heard of a Darach?"

Marin folded her hands, eyes drilling into hers. "Are you asking me if I know something or are you asking me if I'm the one killing people?"

Slowly, Nola walked up to the desk and placed her hands on it, leaning forward as she held Marin's gaze. "I'm asking if you're planning on killing my father."