𝐎𝐍𝐄. what we do in the shadows

✧☾ ATONEMENT ☽✧

━━━━ act one. full moon

 full moon

one. what we do in the shadows ━━━━

 what we do in the shadows ━━━━

° ✦        *

✦ •                         ·:·           °.

˚✧        + +                  ✦

AT FIRST GLANCE BEACON HILLS WAS NOTHING MORE THAN A SLEEPY LITTLE TOWN. A town where everyone knew everyone and the latest gossip didn't get much more interesting than the new people moving into the neighborhood. Where the most shocking event was still, after all these years, the tragic fire that set the Hale house ablaze. Sure, a few odd murders happened every now and then. Plus there'd been so many accidents at the school it almost seemed like someone had a personal vendetta against the building. But such things happened everywhere. And so, to any outsider, it was a normal, boring town.

Except for those who knew better...

Those who'd seen what truly happened in the shadows of Beacon Hills could never live a normal life again. It was both a blessing and a curse to know the truth of the world. And in no other place on earth did those words ring quite as true as in that sleepy little town in California.

For Nola Newcrest, Beacon Hills represented bone-shattering, heartbreaking pain. If it'd been up to her, she would've never returned here. But, as with so many things in life, it seemed some higher power had decided her path would lead back here anyway. It was a cruel irony that, in this case, that higher power seemed to be her father.

Her red sneakers crunched against the sand as she made her way up the hill. Her eyes were set on the abandoned distillery at the top. It was just outside of Beacon Hills and as far as she knew, no one came here anymore. Maybe it was because of the ghost stories that were told about the strange spiral that seemed to have been scratched on the wall. Only something with claws could have damaged the wall in such a way that the moonlight fell through the cracks at night...