[12]: Unexpected Messages & Butterfly Kisses

Start from the beginning

I heard the front door close and a car driving off, that must be Ash going off on his date with she who won't be named. I can't believe he left family night to go out with someone who he could see any night. And I can't believe he didn't come and see me before he left, not that I want to speak to him, I'm so angry with him. But that's not the point; he knew I was upset but didn't come to see how I was.

Twat.

I'm not sure how much time had passed, but I was in the middle of colour shading bikini number two when my phone went off. I grab it off the side and see I had two new messages, one from Ash, and the other from Chase.

Why was Chase texting me?

Not going to lie to myself, seeing Chase's name in my messages did set off butterflies in my stomach. I skipped over Ash's message and opened up Chase's.

[Hey Lyd, it's Chase. You okay? I'm in town tonight for a friends party tomorrow, was wondering if you wanted to come with me and hang out? X]

Oh my gosh he wanted to hang out with me, what perfect timing if I do say so myself. I had just told Fin I wanted to try and move on from Ash, maybe this was my chance to take a step in that direction.

[Hey Chase, I'm good, how you doing? Party on a Tuesday night? :) x]

A few seconds later my phone vibrated again.

[I'm much better now I'm taking to you. And come on Lyd, us students don't restrict ourselves to partying on the weekends haha...do you fancy coming with me? X]

I did have college on Wednesday but not until eleven, and if I didn't drink too much I could go out and just push my curfew later.

Screw it, I needed the distraction.

[Sure it sounds like fun, what time? X]

[I'll pick you up at 8! We'll have fun, can't wait to see you again. X]

[Okay, I'll see you then. :) x]

I grinned as I placed my phone down, Chase was so hot, and he was such a nice guy. Maybe an older guy is what I needed, someone more mature and understanding.

I finished off my shading in my design, placed it on the side before heading downstairs to join my family. It was Ash's loss for missing out on tonight. Our families always had a blast whenever we were all together.

I was in the middle of winning Cayden on Just Dance when Mason called me into the hallway.

"Give me a minute Mase." I shouted back, I was not losing to Cayden again.

"Lyd, there's someone at the door for you." He replies making me stop dancing and turn to face him.

"Okay, hang on. Cayden this isn't over, I'm winning this." I grin at him.

"You're forfeiting our game Lyd, I win."

"Fine," I laugh passing Dana my control, "I'll take over when I get back."

I follow Mase out the room when he stops me.

"What's up?" I ask

"Who do you know in University?" He asks and I shrug.

"Apart from you and Cayden no one why?"

"There's some guy at the door saying he knows you from New Years, but I know he's in college with a friend of mine."

"Oh my god, Chase."

"So you do know him."

"Yea we met on New Years, what's he doing here?"