Knowledge Becomes Chaos

Start from the beginning

"That is your Soul. Culmination of your being and whatnot. The orange means you're naturally brave. Actually, the purity of the color is surprising. Most older humans get muddled with age but that one's still pretty vibrant."
"Rustic orange?"
"Yep. I've honestly only seen one Soul brighter orange than that and it was a kid that killed several monsters."
"A kid?!" Nigel burst.

Sans gave him a dry look.
"You humans are dangerous to us monsters."
"Wait, you're actually a mons- THAT'S WHY YOU-" He cut short, putting the pieces together.
"You're actually a scientist??!"
"Was." Sans corrected. "A manaphysicist. It's the study of magic and physics and how they interact. Let me tell you, we don't even know half of it. We could only study the interactions of monster magic and manufactured mana types, and there is a lot more I don't know about."

"O..kay?" Nigel asked, Osaka still silently observing before both skeleton and dragon went stiff.
"You okay? Wait, what's happening?"
Napstablook leaned back, bewildered as Sans stepped away.
"Aim at the ground, just aim at the ground."
"What's going on?" Osaka asked.

"Sneeze." Sans stated quickly, nervous.
"What's wrong with snee-" "Is that going to sneeze fire?" Nigel cut in, alarmed.
"Fire isn't the problem. I've always been a little bit more extreme in that regard." Sans explained awkwardly. There was a pause.
"What? I mean the dragon."

He winced as the illusory scales faded out for a moment, skeledragon huffing. "Nappy, you gotta aim down." Sans ordered before things turned to chaos.

The illusion of flesh and scales vanished and at precisely the same moment, the skeledragon's skull bobbed forward with a loud snap of electricity as a white light erupted from it's jaws and into the asphalt.
A second later and the jaws clicked shut, blinking.
Sans sighed into his hand.

"Oh my God." Hesutu's voice wobbled fearfully.
"Oh cool, you're not asleep anymore." Sans noted sarcastically.
"𝙸'𝚖 𝚜𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢.. 𝙸 𝚍𝚒𝚍𝚗'𝚝 𝚖𝚎𝚊𝚗 𝚝𝚘.." Napstablook murmured.
"Nobody can control sneezing." Sans waved him off as the humans gaped.

"You talk?" The girl squeaked.
"He's not a fan of talking." Sans told her, stepping in front of the bone dragon. "So let me do the talking, alright?"
I kinda wanna talk.
Maybe in a minute.
She shakily stood, dusting herself off and blinking at the floating hearts.

"Alright, you listening?"
"Yeah."
He took the one response and continued, pointing at himself. "I think we're clear on what I am, right?"
"No?" Hesutu asked.
"Living skeleton from Monster Kingdom." Nigel whispered.

"The Underground is the preferred term." Sans added before going on. "That being said, this is Napstablook for the most part." He gestured. "He's shy for a ghost, and looking like a dragon hasn't helped with that."
"He's a dead dragon??"

"No." Sans scoffed despite the upwell of memories. "That's where it gets complicated. He's a ghost, that's another kind of monster that's more on the phantasmic side. Generally incorporeal. Now before I go on there-" He summoned a Blaster, the others backing up in shock.

"The hell is that-"
"I call 'em Blasters." Sans shrugged, leaning on the floating skull.
"Uh."
"Confused, right?"
"Kinda, yeah." Hesutu admitted nervously.
"I get it." Sans nodded sagely, pushing off. "Relax, they're here for a reason."

Checking for understanding, he went on. "Us monsters naturally have magic, unlike you humans, and it's a part of who we are. We have things we call attacks, though the definition is far removed from your definition. They're far more complex. We use attacks as a form of expression, like you use various art forms. At the basis, attacks are an extension of self, some more a part of a monster than others. Basically your hair isn't as much a part of you as your hands are, to put it simply. Got it?"