Saecshiun

He was licking his claws clean, he remembered. There had been a massive oarfish swimming close enough to the surface to dive in and snatch it away before anything else discovered it, just about four hundred leagues from the beach. It was a hot day, not a cloud in sight to hide the blistering sun and an abundance of thermals to glide over, the ocean only a dive away when it was too hot.
Overall a pleasant day, one used for many naps.

Yet his peace was shattered by a single, plaintive cry.

With a jolt, he sat up, blinking. With a stretch and a wide yawn, he peered around, pondering the sound when another one came, closer than before.

Inching over to the edge of his sun rock, he glanced down below at the strip of sand, searching for the source and debating whether or not to eat it.
He spotted it easily, though was surprised.

A group of humans gathered around some strange pole.. perhaps a ritual of some sort?
...A strange ritual it was, for a single figure stood tied to the stake, their scales a pale sunrise blue white, silver hair cascading down their shoulders.
Ah, a landfish. The people of freshwater.

He tensed up when he saw one human whip the monster, forcing out a sharp cry.
Why on earth are they doing that? Did the landfish kill one of their own?

He leaned down, studying the strange two-legged ones as they milled about their little camp, gazing out at the horizon eagerly, as if expecting something. What did they wait for? Why did they torment this landfish? The monster's cries were getting weak and hoarse, and the humans had not given them a drop of water.
That was no good, fish need water to live, be it those of saltwater or freshwater or walking upon the land.
So he inched closer, aiming to listen in on their strange speech, catching snippets here and there.

"Not one… so much as showed its face!" ".....clear the camp, try again tomorrow?"
"It'll be dead by tomorrow! Do you want to hunt down yet another walking fish?"
He recoiled, the movement knocking loose a few stones as he considered what had been said.

These humans were hunting these monsters? That likely meant this one had committed no crime, and the humans were tormenting an innocent landfish. How barbaric. Disgusting, even. It was so typical of the race.
His gaze drifted back to the group, seeing that they had fallen silent.

Oh. They had taken notice of his presence, staring in mute horror upon the great, glittering dragon on the cliff.
Well. He wasn't opposed to eating humans, as long as they were wicked. And by glancing at their Souls, he pondered why he hadn't just started with that as he took in the muddied colors.

One abruptly took off running, dashing away to an outcrop in the cliffside. Well that decided what would be his first taste in human meat.
He spread his wings and pushed off the cliff in a steep dive.

. • °

Humans were unbearably unclean. The first one to run was sour in a way that made him spit it out and gag, something that gave the others a head start.

But now fueled by sheer disgust at the humans, he leapt up and attacked the rest, managing to strike down two before the others escaped him.
He bellowed after the humans as a means of warning- do not ever come back.

He then immediately turned around and washed out his mouth with seawater, relishing in the salt as it rid him of that terrible reeking odor. For good measure, he even groomed off the last of the blood on his claws, delighting in the little remains of the terrific catch earlier.

When he was done, he regarded the abandoned camp, suddenly remembering the landfish still held there. He cringed at the sight of the fallen pole, the monster inching towards the water. At least that told him salt water shouldn't be harmful to the lake dwelling race.