Once One is Three

A blue and silver dragon swam through the deep ocean at an easy pace. One would not think a creature of four legs built for land and wings for the skies would be suited for the water, but such a breed was known for its ability to traverse the three with ease. It did not use its talons to swim, no, it kept them curled tight behind the swell of it's breast, wings pressed to it's underside to streamline itself, tips acting as fins in the water as it's tail and webbed back feet propelled it forth.

Beside the shimmering beast of the elements swam a sea serpent, grey as shale as it swished side to side, much longer than the other.

The two were traveling together, under an agreement of sorts, a treaty formed partly out of one's awe for the other and necessity.

Gradually, the dragon began to slow, reaching up to take great gulps of air from the crests of the waves, focusing down on something else in the water.
"𝐈𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐧 𝐨𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐩𝐮𝐬?" He asked in disbelief, voice a baritone rumble echoing in the sea.

The serpent swam to a standstill somewhat behind him, cocking her head at the creature on the seabed as her neck swelled to pass water through her gills.
"ιт ιѕ ιη∂єє∂. αяє уσυ υηƒαмιℓιαя ωιтн тнє σ¢тσρι σƒ тнєѕє ωαтєяѕ?"

He frowned, a distant look in his blue-yellow and silver flecked eyes. His scales shone and momentarily lost solidity, bones showing through the translucence before it snapped back into place.
"...𝐍𝐨. 𝐘𝐞𝐬? ..𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧 𝐨𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐩𝐮𝐬 𝐬𝐨 𝐛𝐢𝐠, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐬.. 𝐬𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐥." He answered honestly, wings hanging limp in defeat.

Moyoletic paused, considering this.
"ι ∂σ ησт кησω ωну тнαт ωσυℓ∂ вє." She admitted, though curious.
Staring off at the tentacled one dragging itself across the seafloor, one would almost think her lidless eyes were squinting.
"ι αρρяє¢ιαтє тнє нσηєѕту ησηєтнєℓєѕѕ."

With that, she twitched her tail and began sliding through the water once more. Sans blinked, a bit surprised before he straightened and paddled along to match her speed.
They continued on in relative silence, leaving the shell-less mollusk far behind.

"𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐚𝐧?" Sans finally dared ask, tension emanating from the seastorm dragon that was a skeleton.
The sea serpent turned her multicolored eyes to peer at him before replying.
"ωну ∂σ уσυ αѕк?"

"𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐈'𝐯𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐭. 𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐜𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐜𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐝𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲, 𝐬𝐨 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬." He explained, using a rock closer to the surface to push himself further along before his wings moved back to hide his forelimbs.

A minute or so passed before Moyoletic deigned to reply.
"уσυ нανє ηєνєя ∂ινє∂ ∂σωη тσ єχρℓσяє уσυяѕєℓƒ?"
He snorted suddenly, bubbles encapsulating his face momentarily before the pair swam past them.
"𝐌𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠, 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐝𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫."