[☁️] hinata shoyo :: haikyuu!

^ art is from the anime

warnings:
- slight angst in the middle part (implied homophobia)
- otherwise it's just sickeningly sweet fluff. hope u enjoy reading :)

The room was nearly silent, save for the sounds of pen on paper, and the sighs of a tired student.

y/n frowns as he stares at the question he needs to answer. unfortunately, nothing was coming to mind. he let out a deep frustrated sigh, deciding on taking a break from schoolwork. he gets up from his chair and stretches.

a satisfied hum comes from his throat, as the feeling of relief spreads in his body. y/n leans down to his desk and grabs his empty mug as well as his phone. he pockets the device and walks over to the kitchen with a need for a drink of water.

he opens his fridge and grabs a water pitcher, pouring its cold contents into his mug and putting it back in its place. his phone vibrates, and he grabs it and unlocks it with one hand.

placing his mug on the counter top, he clicks on the message notification.

sunshine.boi☀️: hi y/n!! i just wanted to check up on u! how are u doing? pls don't overwork urself or else >:(

chuckling to himself, he texts back his best friend.

gay.ass😎: lol hi sho. i'm doing ok ig, im taking a break from school stuff rn. wbu?

sunshine.boi☀️: oh ok!! it's good that your taking breaks! and i'm not rlly doing anything rn LOL
sunshine.boi☀️: in fact i'm pretty bored :(

gay.ass😎 replied to sunshine.boi☀️: you're*

sunshine.boi☀️: >:0
sunshine.boi☀️: ;^;

gay.ass😎: lol

sunshine.boi☀️: anw i'm still bored!!! since you're on break entertain me pls 🙏

gay.ass😎: oh? and why should i be the one to entertain u? did u miss me that much🤨

sunshine.boi☀️: whattt! ofc i miss you, you dummy! -_-

y/n smiles at the text, feeling his heart thump faster.

sunshine.boi☀️: i mean why wouldn't i miss my best friend?!

ah. well there goes the smile. instead of the fast thumps, it was now replaced by an aching pain. 'best friend. of course that's what he means by that, why would he think anything else?' y/n frowns at his thoughts.

unlike his bubbly best friend shoyo, he was the opposite of him- a grumpy, sad, gay guy who always seems to have a resting bitch face on all the time.

all the time, except for when it's only him and hinata. due to past experiences, it made y/n purposefully hide his emotions, having once been told that 'a disgusting creature like you doesn't deserve to feel anything but self hatred'.

having been lost in his train of thought, y/n had ignored the nonstop buzzing of his phone. hinata had been spamming him with random messages, including emojis, stickers, and even memes.

but y/n only managed to snap out of his trance when his phone started to buzz and he heard the familiar tune of his favorite song playing- his ringtone.

he places his attention back to the mobile device, its screen lighting up with a smiling picture of hinata, his contact name being "mfing sun". he presses on the green button and puts it on speaker.

"y/nnn~ what's up with you? just ignoring me suddenly mid convo!" hinata whines loudly. the h/c haired boy lets out a snort, "yeah yeah, i'm sorry! i uhm, got lost in thought."