Chapter 16 - Defeat

Guys, gimme your reviews, power stones, and comments! They gives me motivation to write more chapters!

===========

"NANI!?"

Chill ran up Jonathan's spine as Jonathon quickly distanced himself from Haru and readied himself for a possible attack. although he tried to keep his serious face, sweat poured down his face. 'W-What just happened!? I didn't even see him move!', He thought.

On the other hand, Haru acted as if nothing has happened to him. He quickly created cracked sounds as he moved his joints and said, "I'm quite astonished, Mr.Joestar. At first, I didn't understand why Lord Dio was cautious of you, but after fighting you, I can say that you were able to defeat him even when I used only 20% of my strength while Mr. Joestar had only trained for only two days! And that too when you are injured!"

"If you are given a week or two, I don't think that I will even be able to defeat you, even if I use dirty tricky! Rejoice, you will be the second person on whom I will be using my abilities!"
Saying this, Haru smiled smugly toward Jonathan and raised his hand.

As he raised his hand, Jonathan felt a sharp pain on his ankle and sole and felt something capturing his legs. Instantly Jonathan leaped in the air as the pain intensified and examined what had happened.

His whole leg below his sole was utterly destroyed by something sharp. If he lands on his soles, he will definitely lose his legs. His legs were damaged in a very critical situation. if he lands on the ground now on his leg, he can say for sure that he will never be able to use his legs again.

When he examined the ground, he was astonished to see several huge spikes rotating at a very astonishing speed. Just as he looked at them, the spike suddenly blasted out of the ground at the speed of a bullet.

*POP* *POP* *POP*

*Swish* *Swish* *swish*

As he was in the air, Haru laughed and said, "Hahahaha! Do you understand now how it feels like to have your legs chopped off? Surrender now, Jonathan! All your actions are futile!"

Jonathan gritted his teeth in anger and shouted, "I will never surrender to that Devil of man!", with that, Jonathan threw several Hamon-filled knives toward Haru while using his sword to slash at the spikes that were shot at him, as the sword started glowing again due to the Hamon used on it.

*Boom* *Boom* *Boom*

Jonathan could only feel his arms getting numb as he defended himself from the strikes of the spikes.

On the other side, sand and dirt suddenly started to rise over Haru's body and reached his hands and turned solid, forming an exoskeleton around his arms and which was made up of sand while also forming a strong shield. Using this shield, he defended himself from the Hamon enchanted knives.

*Clink!* *Clink!*
*Clink!* *Clink!*

The knives clashed with the shield, but surprisingly, the shield was able to withstand the attacks. Although the knives were impaled inside the shield, they were not able to reach Haru's hand.

On the other hand, when Jonathan tried to use Hamon on his sword to stop himself from getting impaled by the newly formed spinning spikes which were on the ground, just as his sword tip touched the surface of the ground, the sword tip instantly entered inside the surface as if a hot knife tip was pressured on a butter.

Astonished by this, Jonathan's mind went to an overdrive mode and instinctively used Hamon to stop the sword from descending more inside the ground. This made Haru frown and the ground around the sword suddenly went away from the sword.