Chapter 17

She looked stunning... Although stunning wasn't even a good enough word to describe her, and I wasn't sure there was one.

It was like looking at the stars, realizing you're so small, just observing the beauty. And that beauty was her. Except instead of an existential crisis, my heart somehow swelled, growing in size every time I looked at her.

Even as she tripped on the red carpet.

"You do your own stunts I see." I smiled, jokingly holding an imaginary microphone in front of her whilst simultaneously offering my arm for her to steady herself. "Very funny, Hange." She scrunched her nose, flashing an annoyed smile. I wonder if she knew how adorable she looked.

"Let me show you to your seat which is, well would you look at that? Conveniently right next to mine." I winked, my arm wrapped around hers, escorting her, carefully.

Before she began to worry out loud, I started talking. "We had a lot of scenes together this season, so it's not strange to have us seated together. Besides, there won't be any pictures, really. It hardly took any convincing." I watched a she swallowed her concerns, giving me a small smile. I would happily take it.

"I'll be back with drinks." I smiled, taking a quick glance around before kissing her hand, turning quickly and heading for the bar. I was met with Levi's threatening gaze, finding myself smiling instantly. "Get a few drinks in ya tonight!" I smiled, patting his shoulder as he smiled lightly. "The hard parts over, relax, have some fun."

He sighed, eyeing Erwin before turning around and asking for a glass of whisky. I beamed, watching as he downed the drink without the slightest change in expression. Sometimes he scared me. To my surprise, he asked for a second and eventually a third drink, that same old smile I had grown to search for and adore making its way onto his face as the time passed. "There we go big guy!" I beamed, clinking our glasses, watching as his smile faded into a deadpan expression. That's what I loved most about him; how easy it was to tease him.

Shit. (Y/n).

I asked for a strawberry daiquiri, getting myself another rum and coke before speeding back to our seats. Except hers was empty. Fuck, fuck, fuck.

...fuck.

I set our drinks down in our seats, praying nothing spilled as I rushed back to Erwin and Levi. "Do you guys know where the bathrooms are?"

"Why don't you look, four eyes." Levi sneered, laughing at his own joke. Erwin shrugged, pointing in a direction that gave me no lead.
I did, however, spot Jean and Eren across the floor. If there was anyone who would've checked how they looked in a bathroom mirror by now, it would definitely be one of them.

"Do you guys know where (y/n) is?" I asked, apparently interrupting something. "Hange, which one of us looks better?" Eren asked, completely ignoring my question as he stepped back, holding his arms out. Jean rolled his eyes, scanning the room before his eyes fell on me, seemingly weighing his options. "(Y/n) is...well i'll tell you if you answer Eren first." He smiled smugly.

"We asked first anyways." Eren stated, shrugging.
No, you really didn't. But I didn't mind entertaining the boys for a few minutes. I looked at both of them before eyeing the two, creating a sense of suspense. "I can't believe i'm saying this, but Jean is dressed more modestly. You don't have a shirt on underneath your tuxedo jacket." I said objectively, watching as Jean smirked.

"You hardly have a shirt under yours either." Eren defended, crossing his arms. "This is fashion. You're flaunting your abs. There's a difference." I winked, giving a thumbs up to Jean in his maroon suit, the matte black and gold jewelry adding a nice touch. "Ok, but seriously, where's (y/n)?" I asked, awaiting a well deserved response. Is this what she had to deal with daily?