Chapter 15

"Yelena?" I asked, leaning back on the dresser.

"Hey (y/n), listen I don't want things to be awkward between us now that you're dating Hange..." She said, sliding her hands into her pockets.

"I didn't think things were ever awkward between us, I'm sorry." I frowned, my eyes anxiously looking from Yelena to the door.

Yelena stared for a second, her face unreadable as she stood there. "I just thought I would say something since you know...and from what Hange said." Her hand made it's way to the back of her neck, her eyes not leaving mine.

I stopped. Had Hange said something? I was sure I would have remembered if they said something.

"I'm sorry, what did Hange say?"

The room got uncomfortably quiet, the two of us saying more with our facial expressions than words themselves.

Finally, Yelena broke the silence. "Listen, I really don't want to intrude on your relationship. I think it's best if you just have a conversation with them." She smiled softly before holding her hand up to say goodbye, opening the door and leaving my dressing room.

I let my head fall back, an anxious feeling in my stomach. Yelena was right, and I knew that. However, the feeling of wanting to know mixed with the thought of confrontation made me sick. I grabbed my stuff and went to leave, opening the door to see Hange approaching.

"Hey beautiful." They smiled, resting their hands on my hips as they gently reached down to kiss my forehead.

Maybe they didn't realize, Hange tended to be in their own world more than half of the time.

I smiled, instantly relaxing with their touch. "Was Yelena just in there?"

I was afraid they could feel my body tense up, no longer relaxed as I looked up at them. I shouldn't lie, it was likely they saw Yelena leave my room anyways. However the truth was yes, Yelena was in my room. I could lie about why, which would save the both of us from an awkward conversation, but the thought of lying to Hange made me want to die.

"Well, yes." I started, watching as they anxiously but the inside of their lip. It was subtle, but I noticed.

"So...why?" Hange's eyes looked relaxed, but I can just sense when they get anxious. If i'm being completely honest, though I don't completely blame them, the lack of trust stung if that was the case of their worry.

"She honestly caught me by surprise, I thought it was you who had come into my room." I started off, a small smile making its way onto their face. 
"She just said she didn't want things to be weird between us, now that we would be working on set and everything again."

Their hands slowly slid down my sides before moving to their pockets. shit. The Hange comment they had made floated around in my head, and I wouldn't be me if I found an indirect way to address it.

"I wasn't so surprised that she came to see me after she mentioned her conversation with you, so I guess in the end she just wanted to speak to both of us and get things cleared up."

Never let the other person know how much you know. Some advice Eren out of all people had told me once.

They looked slightly surprised at my knowledge of their conversation, although I hardly knew anything at all. Their eyebrows were raised slightly as their hands began to fidget in their pockets.

"We can talk about this later, I'm hungry." I smiled, beginning to walk as they followed. I wasn't sure when I gained control of the situation, but now I had it.