Well That Wasn't Supposed to Happen

"Bonnie?" Lexi whispered as the sight of Bonnie in her dorm room came into view.

"Lexi" Bonnie said under her breath in shock as she saw Lexi and realised that her best friend was on the other side.

"Lexi is on the other side?" Caroline questioned in disbelief.

"No no no no no" Bonnie muttered as tears began to brew in her eyes.

"It's okay." Lexi said, not entirely sure who she was trying to convince in this moment, "It's going to be okay." A sharp breath passed Lexi's lips as she scanned the space around her. Everything looked surprisingly similar to when she was alive.

"No it's not" Bonnie said as tears began to slip from her eyes.

"Bonnie, what is happening?" Caroline asked as her nervousness only increased. 

"What happened?" Bonnie asked, trying to keep herself together.

"I uh- got caught in the anti spirit magic spell. After my ancestors brought me back, I guess it was only their magic keeping me alive." Lexi said, not able to meet her eyes in the moment.

"Lexi is on the other side" Bonnie muttered to Caroline who was beginning to nervously pace around the room. 

"It's going to be okay though" Lexi said as she extended her hand to Bonnie.

"I'll find a way to bring you back" Bonnie said before reaching out her hand.

"I don't doubt it" Lexi said with a smile before passing through her. 

----------------------------------------------------------

"Yes, yes" Klaus said, breaking up Damon and Elena's make-out session as the Mikaelsons arrived at the scene, "Everyone be happen that Damon and Elena have been reunited. On better a topic, where is our mate?"

The intensity of Klaus' tone was probably frightening enough to even make the immortal, Matt Donovan, fear for his life. 

"We ran into some complications" Damon said, treasuring the final moments of his heart being in his chest. Each of the Scooby Gang member's demeanours shifted at the mention of Lexi. A combination of sadness for their loss and fear for the wrath of the Mikaelsons surrounding them.

"And by complications you mean?" Kol asked.

"She's on the other side." Stefan blurted out. 

"What did you just say?" Klaus said, moving towards Stefan. In less the a moment, Klaus was looking down at Stefan, exhibiting his hybrid eyes as he bared his fangs.

"She's on the other side." Damon whispered under his breath, still try to come to terms with what had happened.

"You mean you let her die" Rebekah spat as plotted the most painful way to kill Damon.

"Well sister I think there is an easy solution for this," Elijah declared, trying to keep his composure, "Find a way to bring her back, or you will each face unimaginably painful deaths." The Mikaelson siblings then exited the area as they came to terms with the news they had been given. 

"Well I'd suggest we find a way to bring our everyone back from the other side seeing as a lot more of us going to be joining them if we don't get Lexi back." Damon said before the Scooby gang broke off into their own groups.

----------------------------------------------------------

"Weird isn't it?" Lexi said as she watched Stefan. Stefan quickly turned away from the sight of his dead body and met the eyes of his best friend. After the Scooby gang had broken off into their smaller groups, a traveller who had possessed Tyler's body ripped out Stefan's heart, sending him to the other side.

"Lexi" Stefan whispered as he wrapped his hands around her waist. Lexi only hummed as she wrapped her arms around his neck. "You're here" Stefan said as they pulled away from their hug.

"You're here too" Lexi said, emphasizing that Stefan had died as well. 

Before they could continue their conversation, an invisible force began to pull the pair towards one of the exits. Lexi responded by quickly grabbing and holding onto a nearby stairwell whilst Stefan gripped the edge of a wall. 

As Lexi tried to wait out the force, she heard Stefan beginning to groan before opening her eyes to see Stefan's fingers slipping from the wall he was holding onto. 

"Damn it" Lexi whispered under her breath knowing the she was too far from him to safely help. Before Lexi could figure out a way to help him, a woman's hand reached out from the hallway he was holding onto and secured his hand. 

"I got you" Lexi heard the woman say as she pulled Stefan into the hallway, "Looks like I have now saved you from metaphorical darkness and actual darkness. I think you owe me a beer."

"Uh- a little help here, Stefan" Lexi requested as her grip began to slip. 

Once Lexi was safely in the hallway with them, Stefan finally introduced her to the blonde woman who had just saved her life.

"Lexi, this is Lexi" Stefan said gesturing between them, "Lexi, Lexi."

"Nice name" 

"You too"

----------------------------------------------------------

"Ha. I thought for sure he'd be here" Original Lexi said as they entered the grill. "If you were a history teacher turned vampire, where else would you be?"

"You seem, uh, very intent on finding someone you barely know." Stefan said as they sat down at the bar.

"Well I have a thing for day-drinkers and he was other Lexi's uncle and legal guardian." The blonde said, "Plus he has a cute name, Alaric."

"We'll find him" Stefan said

"Seriously" Original Lexi said as she gestured to the dish in front of them, "This is what I have to look forward to when I come back to life? All-you-can-eat potato skins?"

"In the real world these are actually really good." Rebound Lexi said as she tried to take one from the bowl but her hand merely fazed through it. She then began to zone out as thoughts of what was happening in the real world began to fill her mind.

"If you have something to say, say it." Stefan said, snapping Rebound Lexi from her daze as Original Lexi began speaking.

"Caroline" Original Lexi said.

"You see it too?" Rebound Lexi exclaimed as she re-joined the conversation.

"What about Caroline?" Stefan asked, appearing genuinely confused.

"You're kidding, right?" Rebound Lexi asked.

"Wow, you really don't see it do you?" Original Lexi said as she began to analyse how Stefan could possibly be that blind and clueless.

"See what?" Stefan said before they were interrupted by Sheriff Forbes and Markos entering the grill in the real world. 

"Listen I might not carry a lot of weight with you people but I am still the Sheriff and I still represent the people who live here." Liz said.

"The travellers haven't been able to gather for centuries" Markos said, "The last thing they will tolerate is a list of your ground rules."

"What if there's an open bar?" Liz said as she examined the building around them.

"She's trying to gather the travellers." Stefan said, "They are planning something."

"And we are officially homebound." Rebound Lexi announced.