Well This is... Nice?

"So Kol, what is it like being Lexi's least favouri-"

"REBEKAH"

After a few more hours of...activities... Lexi finally managed to convince Rebekah to let her get ready. Now, the Salvatores were due to arrive in a few minutes and Rebekah and Lexi had just entered the dining room. 

Kol was clearly displeased at the discovery he had just made. Lexi, understanding that he was upset, slowly moved towards him and slid into a half hug. Her gesture drew a low growl from Rebekah which simply resulted in a glare from Lexi. Once Lexi turned back into Kol's arms she buried her face in his chest and he pressed a gentle kiss to her hairline. The small gesture settled his inner animal slightly.

'I'm sorry' Lexi mouthed, resting her forehead against his. Kol, despite his distressed inner animal, nodded his head against hers before pressing their lips together softly. Just as Kol was about to deepen the kiss, the doorbell rang, causing Lexi to pull away without leaving his arms.

The other siblings then entered the room cautiously, trying to hide the fact they had just been listening. 

"Will someone please let them in?" Lexi asked, knowing that none of them would let her open the door after the recent events. 

"We could always just-" Klaus began.

"Will one of you please just open the door?" Lexi asked, cutting off Klaus. "Elijah?" Lexi continued after none of the siblings appeared to show any signs of moving to open the door. Elijah hesitated before reluctantly moving towards and opening the door. 

On the other side of the door, stood Damon and Stefan who looked confused to say the least. Lexi nodded reassuringly at Damon, signally for him to enter the room. Damon hesitated before moving to enter the house, Stefan following after him. The pair were quickly stopped by the sound of Rebekah hissing and baring her fangs after speeding in front of Lexi. 

"Ignore her" Lexi muttered, intertwining her fingers with Rebekah's. "Come in" Lexi said, reassuring the Salvatores and sending glares to which ever Mikaelson threatened to make them uncomfortable.

This is going to be one long dinner.

----------------------------------------------------------

After sitting down, the group fell into a painfully awkward silence whilst the first course was being served by the caterers who had been compelled. The silence then managed to continue throughout the first 2 courses, meaning the only sound that could be heard was the scratching of cutlery. After a moment, the irritating sound was pissing off Damon so much, he finally broke the silence.

"As much as I am truly enjoying this lovely dinner" Damon said, his toned laced with sarcasm. "I believe we were invited to discuss certain matters" he continued cautiously, his eyes flickering to Lexi at the end of his statement.

Damon was still trying to process how unbothered Lexi was by the way she had practically commanded the Mikaelsons to sit in the seats she had selected and the fact that each and every one of them listened to her just moments earlier. 

"What I believe my brother was asking, was for you to explain your relationship." Stefan said, the skepticism clear in his tone upon the word 'relationship'. Elijah huffed, noticing all of his siblings yet again voting via eye communication for him to be the one to explain. 

"Lexi is our shared mate which I assume you already understand based on the extensive research you have conducted to harm our family." Elijah said, his tone growing increasingly cold. Lexi only narrowed her eyes at Elijah despite his gaze being on the Salvatores. Due to the seating arrangement and numbers, Elijah was the furthest away from Lexi and very clearly upset about it. Rebekah and Kol were on either side of Lexi, the Salvatores opposite them. Klaus and Elijah were then on the own side, Elijah closer to the Salvatores whilst Finn was opposite them. 

"Well brother, let's not forget the fate the last person who threatened our mate faced." Klaus alluded, confusing Lexi. 

"Who?" Lexi asked, genuinely confused.

"Sage" Rebekah spat. Due to the look of confusion on Lexi's faced, Klaus explained.

"Don't worry, Love. My siblings and I have made sure she regrets everything she has ever done in her miserable existence." Klaus said with a sense of pride.

That's not suspicious at all...

"Hmm well that was fascinating but back to our thing-" Damon said, "What's up with the uh- scent?" 

"It is a representation of each of our bonds with Lexi. As each stage of the bond is completed, the scent warning other supernaturals intensifies." Elijah said.

"Why are there only four strong scents then? There are five of you." Stefan asked, gesturing to the five siblings. Kol huffed, lowering his gaze. 

"Those are the scents of the completed bonds. Lexi however, has not yet completed the bond with Kol." Elijah said. Kol raised his eyes to glare at Damon as he stifled a laugh. Lexi quickly moved intertwined her fingers with Kol's and rested their now bonded hands on her upper thigh in an attempt to calm him. 

"But there were only three of those scents yesterday" Stefan objected. Rebekah smiled to herself at Stefan's remark.

"Rebekah and Lexi have since completed the bond." Elijah muttered. Damon looked between Rebekah and Lexi before winking at Lexi and mouthing 'nice' causing a smile to break out on Lexi's lips. Damon's gesture irritated each of the Mikaelson's inner animals. 'Thank you' Lexi mouthed back with a smirk, causing Klaus' inner animal to snap, making him try to speed towards Damon. His actions were quickly stilled by Lexi's chant as she took a sip of her wine. 

"So much for 'playing nice'" Lexi muttered as she placed her glass back down. Kol, sensing his mate's distress, ran his thumb over the knuckles of her hand. Lexi sighed, understanding Kol's gesture and rested her head on his shoulder. 

This is about to be the longest night of my life.