So Much For a Plan

"You need take a break, Angel." Finn said, beginning to grow worried for his mate's wellbeing.

"Breaks don't stop the other side from collapsing." Lexi snapped as she began to flick through yet another grimoire. "These are literally grimoires from every coven that has ever walked the earth, why don't they have anything on the other side?" Lexi said to herself as she yet again found no information in the grimoire she was currently searching. 

"Darling you need to rest." Kol said softly as he began to approach her from behind.

"I can rest when I figure out a way to stop the other side from collapsing and a way to stop Bonnie from being the anchor." Lexi said. She was clearly moments away from a panic attack and the absence of information she was finding only fuelled her anxiety. "Are these really grimoires from all of the covens?" Lexi asked Elijah who was currently watching her from the doorway.

After finding out that the other side was collapsing, Lexi quickly pieced together that Bonnie would go with it and has been working non-stop to find a way to save Bonnie. Her mates however, were more worried about Lexi seeing as she hadn't slept or even taken a break since finding out Bonnie would die.

"Elskan there are only a few minor covens whose grimoires are not here." Elijah said trying to keep his mate calm. Lexi quickly tuned out the sound of her mate's voices as she focussed on a spell which was used for resurrection. She quickly re-opened a book which she had previously been looking at. 

"Do we have a grimoire or any other information on the Morts-Vivants coven?" Lexi asked hoping that their ability to self-resurrect would help.

"That coven was destroyed centuries ago." Rebekah said, "Even if we did have any information on that coven it wouldn't be of any use." 

Lexi however, had tuned out Rebekah as soon as she had said the word 'if' and sent a text to Damon asking if he had any books on the Morts-Vivants coven. He quickly responding saying that he had a book on in one of the libraries but she would need to come and get it.

"I'll be back in a bit" Lexi said as she swiftly moved out of the library and into the foyer to grab her car keys. 

"Love" Klaus said as he moved in front of her and tried to prevent her from leaving, "At least let one of us go with you."

"You will only slow me down" Lexi said before Klaus moved to stop her again. Lexi huffed before rolling her eyes and chanting a boundary spell.

"Whatever you think you just did, it didn't work." Klaus said as he continued to walk next her as she opened the front door. His movements were instantly stilled as he was met with a invisible wall at the entry of the home.

"I think it worked" Lexi said before closing the door. "I love you" Lexi shouted before entering her car and leaving for the Salvatore mansion

They are going to be so fucking pissed off.

----------------------------------------------------------

"As much as I would truly hate to interrupt this surprisingly entertaining pissing contest going on between you two-" Lexi said as she entered the living and disrupted Markos and Damon's conversation, "Damon, any idea where the book is?"

"One of those shelves" Damon said gesturing to a series of shelves which covered the wall in a nearby room. Damon failed to mention the numerous dead bodies that littered the room causing Lexi slight shock before suppressing the feeling as after living in Mystic falls for 3 years, nothing really fazes her anymore.

"Thanks" Lexi said before moving towards it.

"Who are you?" Markos asked Lexi as she began to search the shelves.

"No one important" Lexi said as she focussed on her reading.

Only the person who has been ruining all of your plans and is currently working with the Scooby Gang to ruin your current 'operation'.

After analysing her for any signs of a threat, Markos returned his attention to Damon before they continued their conversation.

----------------------------------------------------------

Lexi was quickly brought from her studies as Tyler literally jumped onto Markos' back and buried his fangs into the side of his neck. 

What the fuck?

She then lifted her eyes to meet Damon's which seemed unfazed by the current murder playing out in front of him, but then again, gruesome murder isn't exactly something Damon is unfamiliar with. 

"Took you long enough" Damon deadpanned as he sipped his bourbon. Lexi had to resist the urge to flinch as Tyler was thrown into a corner near her. Tyler frantically brought his hands up his mouth before speaking.

"My fangs." Tyler said, clearly panicked, "What the hell happened to my fangs?"

"What?" Damon asked as he moved towards him. Damon instantly jerked back instantly as his skin began fry in the sun. A pained groan escaped his lips as he met Tyler's eyes. "We have a problem." He said. As Damon's breath began to slow into pants, the bodies which were scattered throughout the home began to wakeup. 

"That doesn't seem too good" Lexi mumbled to herself as she closed the book she was reading.

"What were you saying about this being your home?" Markos asked. It was safe to say, Lexi heavily underestimated the severity of the traveller problem. Before Lexi could say anything, she felt a stinging pain radiating through her forehead. As Lexi reached up hold the area, her finger tips were met with a warm liquid. 

In response to the new sensation, Lexi lowered her fingers into her view and was met with a startling amount of blood coating her hand. Before Lexi could voice what appeared to be a very concerning sight, Damon slouched over with a grunt, blood beginning to pool in his shirt. 

"Like I said-" Markos continued, "The spell will continue to unravel spirit magic as it spreads. Which means you're not long for this world." Tyler then gasped as he reached his hand up to his throat. "The sun is about to set." Markos said.

I am getting very sick of this guy's voice

"Feel free to buy yourself a little time to say your goodbyes." Markos said, "You and this traitor of yours can try to outrun this spell. For a little while anyway." Damon and Lexi then followed Tyler as they exited the mansion.

What is happening to me?

"Damon, what's happening?" Lexi uttered as she tried to apply pressure to the wound which had just formed on her stomach.

"All spirit magic around us has stopped working." Damon said as the pair entered his car, "Meaning, I am just a human who got shot by his dad and you are a just witch with no magic who got in one hell of a car accident with her dad."

 As the blood exiting Lexi's body only increased, the sound of Damon's words were replaced with a ringing which filled her ears. Lexi winced as she tried to tune it out. As she tried to to speak, her voice only came out in pants. 

Lexi tried to swallow the pain but as the ringing in her ears only got louder, Lexi's eyelids began to flutter closed.

"Lexi" Damon said slightly panicked, "You best be keeping your eyes open." Lexi response was then muffled as blood began to block her airways. Lexi then blocked the sputters of blood leaving her mouth as she coughed before wiping away the dark blood exiting her nose.

She then leaned back against the seat, her limbs dropping lifelessly beside her. "I can't." Lexi whispered before her eyes fluttered eyes closed for the last time, a feeling of tiredness overcoming her.

Ah shit

(A/N: Sorry if you thought she was pregnant... at least it's another stage in the circle of life.)