"Now that's not necessarily true, Shuang Shuang. Perhaps once they've seen the uniqueness, they will try and steal our talents. As our lead dancer, perhaps you should teach these girls and set an example," Madame Scarlett defended politely, crinkled eyes flitting over to a grateful Luna.

That was surprisingly nice of her. Without her malignant image from when I first saw her in the room, she's almost quite... maternal.

"All of you leave. Except... Luna and Belle." Shuang Shuang strutted up with crossed arms to stand in front of Luna, who barely contained a humourous smile.

"Our Southern dances are the epitome of sophistication. The beauty in our form are revealed in our hands which are as if they're guarding delicate flowers and in the curve of our willow-like body. Only that will allow people to be interested in seeing our graceful shows. You, on the other hand, move erratically like those desert girls without any grace at all! Besides this rubbish, do you know anything else?"

Luna stared up at Shuang Shuang with innocent smile, "No. Perhaps Sister Shuang Shuang can show us herself!" Sneaking a look at Belle, who was attempting to hide a budding smile behind both her tiny hands, Luna clapped enthusiastically close to Shuang Shuang's scowling face.

Bristling with barely contained rage, Shuang Shuang turned to Madame Scarlett who was watching in silence with amused eyes. "Madame Scarlett! It is a waste of my energy to even attempt to teach this barbaric girl." Stomping away from them, the three females was left in silent giggles and unrestrained chortles, the latter coming from a triumphant Luna.

>>><<<

Puppy hefted Grandpa higher up his back as the old man began to slip down with his lack of energy. Coming to a stop in front of a large pawn shop, Puppy hesitated with shame but as Grandpa let out a series of wracking coughs, he knew he had no choice. Sighing heavily, Puppy moved to gently deposit Grandpa on a small religious dias near the pawn shop.

"Grandpa, wait here. I'll go find you a doctor immediately." Patting his grandfather's shaking form, Puppy unhooked Luna's clothed bag from his frail shoulders. Bearing it in his trembling hands, Puppy muttered sadly to himself, "I'm very sorry Sister Luna. I need to borrow your possessions for a bit." Before he can change his mind, he rushed inside with the extent to exchange money for the beautiful blue Lolan garment so his beloved Grandpa could attain a decent doctor.

>>><<<

The tiled eaves were strung with the brightest red silk sashes, each tied with an intricate circular bow. Each gold streamer wrapped around the pillars of the buildings in complicated forms. Strings of red fireworks were hung at the highest tower where they were in preparation for the night shows to celebrate the end of this year and start of a new one. Manservants on bamboo ladders hurriedly decorated the walls with festive and auspicious posters whilst maids bustled here and there in an attempt to clean every room spick and span.

"Make it cleaner! Make it cleaner! Give it more red, everybody!" Madame Scarlett stood in the middle of the main hall, one hand on her curvaceous hip, the other pointing to various workers in the room. "Be careful! Are the dumplings cooked? Good, good, good!"

Clapping her hands, Madame Scarlett shooed the men away from the main hall and bustled the remaining dancers inside. The girls already inside busied over the large pots full of steaming delicacies bubbling on top of the flaming fireplaces. Each one was holding onto a ceramic bowl and Luna licked her lips in anticipation.

I wonder if they've stopped cutting their meat into tiny cubes and strips to finally allow me to rip into them with gusto!

"Here, pass yourselves some wine, girls!" Madame Scarlett laughed joyously. "Tonight, we must eat to the fullest and drink until we're drunk!"