Chapter 41: Olivia Returns To Town Pt.1

Start from the beginning

Olivia Baker: Tony... I think I know who made that phone call.

Tony Padilla: What are you talking about?

Olivia Baker: Your family, they were picked up right after the trial, right?

Tony Padilla: Yeah. Why?

Olivia Baker: Well, I mean, attorneys from both sides dug up stuff on the witnesses. And I remember when Dennis told me... that the Walkers discovered your family's status. At first I was worried they'd use it against you when you were on the stand, but then they didn't. And I just assumed that they let it go.

Tony Padilla: Olivia, what are you saying? That... their lawyers tipped off ICE?

Olivia Baker: The lawyer, or they have private investigators. It could have even been the Walker family if they were upset about Bryce's arrest.

Tony Padilla: Fucking... Bryce.

Olivia Baker: Tony... Tony, I am so sorry. I...

Tony Padilla: Fucking Bryce!

In anger, Tony throws chair as it scares Olivia. All he can think about is the fact that Bryce is the reason that his family was taken from him.

Tony Padilla: Fucking Bryce!

Later that night, Tony decided to confront Bryce with this information. Bryce came home from football practice as he was surprised to see Tony coming out from the dark shadows.

Bryce Walker: Tony?

Tony Padilla: What's up, Bryce?

Bryce Walker: Ah, I wouldn't be lurking out here. Grandpa's got a gun. And he's racist and senile. So...

Tony Padilla: You weren't doing me a favor, were you?

Bryce Walker: Sorry?

Tony Padilla: Buying my Mustang. At twice the asking. You know, for a minute, I thought you were doing me a solid. That was pretty stupid, wasn't it?

Bryce Walker: No, I mean, I just wanted to help out.

Tony Padilla: You wanted... to buy your way out of a guilty conscience.

Bryce Walker: And what was I feeling guilty about?

Tony Padilla: The trial.

Bryce Walker: What does that have to do with you?

Tony Padilla: Your family dug up dirt on mine, and turned us in.

Bryce Walker: What? That's crazy.

Tony Padilla: They deported my whole fucking family.

Bryce Walker: That's impossible. That's not... Tony, I swear, there's no way.

Tony Padilla: Why should I believe you?

Bryce Walker: I don't know what to say, but I'm sure we didn't have anything to do with it. And I'm... I'm so sorry.

Tony Padilla: You're sorry? Fuck you!

Nora Walker: Bryce? Is that you?

Bryce's mom calls out for Bryce as Tony walks away, angry. The next day, Bryce goes over to Padilla Automotive in the Mustang much Tony's frustration.

Tony Padilla: Fuck. Whatever the fuck you want, I don't have time.

Bryce gets out of the Mustang.