ONE CAN GIVE ONLY WHAT ONE HAS

A good friend dropped by the other day. She was her cheerful self while we chatted over coffee.

As we started talking about her job, her tone changed. "There are so much of negative vibes at my office these days, people bitching about one another, trolling, bullying, teasing, favoritism, competition amongst the colleagues which in turn causes stress,....what not! Why do people always find fault or try to put down others?"

She explained how her office culture has changed over the last 10 years. It had changed from one of the GreatPlacesToWork to iHateThisPlace.

I shared this story with her:.,.

When Germany got divided into East and West, they constructed a huge wall to separate the two.

After a few days, the East Germans collected a lot of garbage and dumped it on the Western side. They felt triumphant thinking they had humiliated people on the other side.

After a couple of days, the West Germans brought in truckloads of fresh fruits, freshly baked bread, provisions and silently left them on the Eastern side, along with a note.

The note read, "ONE CAN GIVE ONLY WHAT ONE HAS".

Isn't it true, we can only gift what we have!

Don't feel bad when someone throws crap or trolls you. Remember that they are gifting what they have.

The question is "What are you gifting people today?"

Writer: Unknown