"Why are you both looking at each other like that?" The little girl asked. "Exactly! Why were you staring at the guy?" My subconscious added. It took me a moment to process what the girl had said. Both? He was looking at me too. We were having a dreamy eye contact.

"I was just...you know" he stammered and smiled sheepishly.

"Thank you for saving my bag" I thanked him once again just to change the awkward topic.

"Your welcome. Besides, it is for the second time" he replied and scratched his nape.

"Yeah" I responded while fiddling my thumbs. By second time did he mean the 'thank you'? I guess.

"Brother! Do you know who she is?" The tiny tot grabbed the guy's hand and pulled it whilst asking.

"Who?" He questioned her. I looked between the two of them reluctantly. They were siblings.

"The garden doctor" she yelled cheerfully.

"Oh!" He exclaimed and gazed at me astonishingly.

"You bandaged her wound that day? Thank you so much" he said quickly and lifted the girl in his arms.

"Your welcome. It was the least I could do" I replied and tried to be as sweet as possible.

"She has been rambling about you since" he said excitedly and pulled her cheeks.

"And I finally found you" he informed with a soft look in his eyes.

"Me too" I responded before I could realise what I just said. There was something about this guy which had me affected. I lost my senses in some way. I didn't know how to react. I just stood still and watched him.

"We could go to the other room. If you want to?" He asked while gesturing towards the door. I turned around to witness the ravaging children and accepted his offer immediately. "Yes, please".

The three of us left the room and went inside another one. It was just beside the previous room but I hadn't noticed it. The walls were white and the carpet was blue. It was unfurnished.

"I should have got a chair. There is one outside" he talked in a low voice. I assume he was speaking to himself.

"It is okay. We can sit on the floor" I suggested and grabbed the girl's hand.

"Your okay with it?" He asked surprisingly and gestured at the carpet.

I nodded and sat down. The girl imitated me.

"I never got to know your name" I said to the girl and smiled.

"Lily" she replied cheerfully and pointed at the lilies printed on her frock.

"Nice name Lily" I complimented and pulled her cheeks.

The guy was sitting across me. He seemed to be glancing us. I didn't know what to ask him or why he offered to come sit with him in this room? I traced patterns on the carpet with my fingers and listened to Lily's rambling.

"Your name?" He questioned in a deep voice. I suddenly looked up at him. "Amour" I answered shyly and placed the loose strand of hair behind my ear. I don't know why I felt that way. I was just saying my name.

"Pretty name" he said and smiled. He shifted his hand from his thigh to his hair and pushed them back gently. "I'm Amarion" he continued.

"Unique" I managed to say. It was different. I've never heard that name but it sounded special. I returned a smile and held a short eye contact. He was just a guy per contra I was sensing an unusual vibe. Maybe it was his good looks or could be destiny's sign? No! I shouldn't be thinking about it that way. We remained silent for a few moments. He stole glances and watched Lily and I chatting.

After a while someone knocked on the door. A little boy came inside. "Where is Ame? "He asked. "I'm" I replied and stood. "Your parents are calling you" he informed and left the room. Amarion looked reluctantly between the boy and me. "My nickname is Ame" I tried diminishing his confusion. "Oh! Nice" he exclaimed and repeated his habit of scratching his nape. I smiled and hugged Lily. Amarion continued watching us. "You will be there next week?" Amarion asked. "Where?" I questioned back. "The husband is inviting everyone at his parents' place" he said while gazing at the floor. "Oh! If we're invited I'd definitely come" I replied and hung my bag on my shoulder. "I'll meet you again then" Lily cheered. "Yeah" I pinched her nose. Amarion parted his lips to say something but stopped and shrugged his shoulders. I looked at him disappointed. "Bye" he said and shifted his vision. "Bye" I responded in a low voice and ambled out of the room.
-------------

Back at home, I kept wondering about Amarion. He seemed like a nice guy but we just met. I couldn't run to conclusions. And the feeling I had when he was around was something I hadn't felt in months. I'll meet him again next week. I just hope I understand the sensations I had.

I hugged my pillow and closed my eyes. " Amarion" I whispered and drifted off to sleep.