Shraddha looked at her from head to toe for complete five minutes, not able to believe herself.

"She? Do you think she will survive the journey to Rajasthan? You expect her to provide me security?" Shraddha asked flabbergasted.

Pranav took a leisurely sipped of his drink.
"She knows her job. She will be with you at all times."

Shraddha looked down and shook her head. With a small nod, she agreed to whatever her husband decided for her.

"That's all. You can leave." Pranav said softly and Shraddha got up to leave.

"Just one more thing Shraddha." Pranav said and she halted in her steps.

He got up and Jay straightened up.

Pranav held her gaze and placed his hands in his pockets.
"Do not bother show up again here, if you decide to defy Jay's orders. You can go back to your parents forever and you will be solely responsible for your fate, thereafter."

She widened her eyes at his threat. Her eyes welled up and she did not wait there for another moment and scurried away, to her own room.

"Good Job Tara. Just keep your temper in check. We do not want unnecessary casualties." Pranav said looking at the old woman.

She nodded and knew that it was her cue to leave. With another curt bow to Jay, she picked up the staff and walked away crisply, like a twenty-five year old girl, that she actually was.

Pranav heaved a deep sigh. Jay was aware that there was something grave, that his elder brother wanted to say, and was gathering some courage. He walked to Pranav.

Pranav looked at him and gulped. He had to finally let it out.

"Just one more thing Jay. Bring her back alive, or don't bring her back at all."

Jay parted his lips in surprise.

"If something happens to go wrong, dispose her off. I do not have a heart to see her dead body." Pranav's voice quivered.

Jay clenched his jaw and went silent for a moment. He held his brother's hand and squeezed it lightly.
"She will be with you Dau, unscratched. I promise."

Pranav nodded. He then stroked Jay's cheek.
"Take care of yourself too."

****

Tara was staying in a room, adjacent to that of Jay on his floor.
It was late night while they had a large blue print spread on the wide table.
It was last week, when Pranav realised the need to send his wife to an unknown place and Tara, disguised as a blonde foreigner, was occupying a room in the same hotel. Equipped with all the possible spy cameras, she had managed to get hold of the blue print of the hotel. And now she and Jay were discussing about all the entry and exit pathways of the hotel.
She had gone ahead and tried to bribe the staff, asking about the upcoming events in the hotel. She was just told that the hotel was booked for a private function and they would not provide any other details, for security purposes.
She was satisfied by the approach taken by the hotel.

That night, Pranav could not make himself sleep a wink.
He had held his wife close in his embrace and stroked her to sleep. Time and again, he had kissed her forehead, and kept on stroking her hair. He wanted to snatch everything possible moment of her, for himself, as if he was not sure, if he will be able to see her again.

Shraddha opened her eyes, at the ringing of the alarm clock, and found herself, held in Pranav's arms. She looked up at him, to find him looking at her back. She smiled and he stroked her eyebrow.

"Are you sure you want to go?" He asked in a whisper.

She snuggled closer and held his shirt in a fist.
"It's just a week Pranav. I will be back, even before you think."

Pranav sighed and pulled her closer, as if that was possible.

He was exceptionally silent when she was getting ready.
She noticed his changed demeanor.
"Why are you so scared of my safety? I am going to my parents. And if you are so scared, why don't you come yourself? Wouldn't that keep you at peace?"

He looked at her, but did not reply.

How could he reply that, she was safe only with Jay, not even with him.
It was easy for his father to manipulate Jay, but he wouldn't dare harm his younger son.
But if something happened to Jay, his father knew, he would lose his elder son too. 

Though his father was manipulating Pranav, with the threat of using Jay, his father was sure, one scratch on Jay, and Pranav would let go of everything. Jay's life was only thing, keeping Pranav under his control.

That was the only reason, Pranav decided to shield Shraddha under the wings of Jay. He would not be able to harm Shraddha if Jay was with her.

Even Jay was unaware of what Pranav's was going through.

Pranav had seen a worst day, for defying his father. He was brought on his knees, in the worst way possible.
That was the only reason, he was pretending to be happy in the marriage with Shraddha.
Or the possibility was, she would soon find her soul waving a goodbye to the planet, in a most brutal way.....

He walked down the stairs, followed by his wife, who was in a pleasant mood, as she was allowed to leave the villa for the first time in eight months of her marriage.

Jay and the old woman, Tara, were waiting for her near a car. Pranav pulled Jay in his tight embrace and closed his eyes.

"Come back safely." He whispered and Jay assured him that everything will be just fine.

Shraddha was surprised when Jay was seated at the back with her and the old woman took up the front passenger seat.
To her dismay, Jay did not leave her alone for a moment and had her stick with him, in close proximity, the entire flight to Jaipur.

-----------------------------------------------

Another chapter up.

Vote.......
Comment.....

Love........