13. Attack

"Wasn't he supposed to be in Bhopal? I did not see him coming home." Shraddha asked when they were in their bedroom.

Pranav's looked at her and contemplated if he should answer her.
"Jay has his own way to enter and exit the house. He is usually loaded with precious diamonds. The entries to his floor are secured with biometric lock." Pranav decided to tell her.

"Entries? You mean, there are more entries to this house?" She asked.

"Only to his floor." Pranav explained.

"From where?" She asked curiously.

He gave her a look as if she was a dumb person to expect an answer from him. He turned over and closed his eyes.

It was a long time since Diya was bothered either by Jay or by his group. She had a chance to pass by, when the group was chilling around. But they had never made an attempt to notice her timid and scared frame, scurry away.
She was looking at a selection of books in the rack in the library of the college when she gasped in fear and stepped back. Jay was peeking at her from the slits created by the stack of books. She blinked rapidly and got hold of her breathing.

"Dove! I missed you." He said cheekily.

She huffed annoyed and tried to walk away. He was quick to walk around the rack and hold her wrist. He tugged her hard and she was pulled in his embrace. Her eyes widened with shock and fear.

"You decided to ignore me? You have got bold enough." He whispered huskily.

"L..... Let.... Me......me.. go." She fumbled.

His eyes darkened and he immediately left her. She was surprised as she did not expect him to let go of her easily.
He was frustrated and raked his fingers in his hair.

"We can sit and talk." He tried calming her.

She just shook her head in denial, looking down.

"Why do you make me request you all the time?" He was agitated now.

"Come." There was such a command that she could not deny. He was seated at the far table in the library.
She sat opposite to him and twisted her fingers.

"Are you scared of me?" He asked disappointed.

She did not answer.

He sighed deeply.
"I told you earlier. I do not mean any harm. I just...... I don't know. But don't be scared. I don't like it when you think wrong of me. I already apologized."

She gulped but chose to keep quiet.

"What is troubling you Dove?" He asked.

She looked up.
"That's not my name." She whispered.

He smiled.
"Finally, you are back to normal. Now tell me. What is bothering you?"

She licked her lips and looked away.
"Ajay says, you are not a good news. It's better to stay away from you."

He had to bite back his smile.
"And, what do you think?"

"I don't know."

"Then try me, before you assume anything. I wont disappoint you." He replied.

She looked at him confused.

"Spend some time with me. How about lunch? My treat. Yes lunch that is. Come. Let's go." He decided for both of them.

She was shocked at his sudden decision.

"No. I can't." She protested.

"Yes. You can." He said, getting up and grabbing her hand.

By the time she could think rationally, she was seated in a private area in a fine dine restaurant. She was shocked by the turn of events. Jay had to order for both of them, when she simply refused to order anything.

But the way, Jay was trying to make her comfortable around her, surprised her to the core. She could not refuse when Jay coaxed her and persuaded her to eat with him. It was after a long time that she was eating that amount of food.
Jay blinked in satisfaction as she silently ate the last morsel in her plate. He was hell bent to make her eat enough, as soon as he came to know that she was not eating more than a few spoons from the time she joined the college.
His good friend, and her room partner Monali was worried for her well being.

By the time they reached back to college, she was enough comfortable with him around. His light humour had made her smile unknowingly after a long time.

Pranav pulled out his car from the parking and could not find anyone trace of the man that was following him. It was a bit suspicious. He drove towards his home in silence.
It was not very far from the office parking that, his car came to a skidded halt. He was taken off-guard when he could no more start the car. To his utter shock and surprise, the fuel tank was empty. Then and there he knew, it was all planned.
He blinked and took a deep breath. He knew he was in a grave danger. He looked in the rear view mirror and tried to see if there was anything or anyone that could prove fatal.

He had no option left and he called up Siddharth. Siddharth was still in the office and was the only one who could come for help.

"Send me a car. My car is without fuel. It looks like a trap." He whispered when Siddharth received his call.

Siddharth was on the way, with the security.

There was a loud crash and the car nearly toppled over.

Pranav was left with no choice but to exit the car. His car was being hit by another car from behind. As soon as he stepped out, a bulky looking man stepped out from the other car. Pranav clenched his jaw, realizing that he was the same man that was stalking him.

The man pulled out a long, glistening fatal looking chopper and advanced towards Pranav. Pranav was ready for the attack as he pulled out his belt and pushed a small clip in the buckle. The sharp blades that were hidden in the leather of the belt were pushed out. The man was too naive to notice the deathly weapon. He did not wait for another moment and leapt forward to slit Pranav's throat. Pranav ducked down and slapped the belt on the man's legs. The sharp blades pierced through his skin, and he was taken off-guard by the unexpected pain. But he managed to make another attempt and this time, Pranav stroked hard on his abdomen. The man howled in pain and fell on the ground, without letting go of the chopper. He was filled with rage.

His scream was heard by the security that was following Siddharth. They were quick to get hold of his injured self. Pranav was breathing heavily.

"I want him alive." Siddharth commanded.

The guards managed to snatch away the chopper. When they were taking him away, he jerked them off and took everyone off-guard. He leapt towards Pranav. The guards were on alert, but the damage was done.
Before they could hold him back, he had pulled out another small chopper and managed to slit Pranav's skin on his abdomen.

It was a small cut, but it managed to soak his white shirt, crimson red. Pranav was furious as he pulled out the buckle with the small sharp knife and before anyone knew, the man was lying on the ground with his bleeding throat.

"What the hell? Are you fine? why did you kill him? Now how am I going to get the answers?" Siddharth asked, holding Pranav by his shoulders, to help himself stand.

Pranav pulled out a handkerchief and wiped the blood on the blade of the knife. He then folded the handkerchief neatly to put the bloodied side inside.

Taking the car brought by security, he left, without answering Siddharth. He knew, rest all will be taken care of.

He managed to keep a straight face when he came home. He went straight to Neetu and handed over the handkerchief to her. She did not ask anything but went to the servants kitchen and put the handkerchief in the burning furnace.

She did not know why everytime Pranav gives her a handkerchief and why she has to burn it.
------------------------------------------------

Another chapter up.

Vote......
Comment.....

Love.......