-22-

𝐘/𝐧'𝐬 𝐩𝗼𝐯
Tonight Lucas had a very important basketball game, inviting basically everyone to go even though he's kind of been on the bench this whole time.

Now I obviously still go because that's my brother and I'll always support him, but that doesn't stop me from getting into an argument with his coach every game.

But anyways I had the day off from work early for the game, also getting a two week break from work due to spring break, still getting a full check that I'll happily accept.

Steve also had taken the day off today, helping me make breakfast for the both of us, something he'd normally do for me before I left for work, something I appreciated a lot.

"The bacon and eggs are done" my boyfriend said, his arms around my waist with his chin rested on my shoulder as I made our pancakes.

"Thank you" I smiled, kissing Harrington on the cheek, seeing him turn pink as I finished up the pancakes.

Once I was done we had moved everything to our table, sitting down in front of each other.

"Steve you think you could help me with something later?" I asked, my boyfriend humming in question due to having his mouth full.

"Can you help me braid my hair?" I asked, knowing I made Steve learn how to braid.

"Sure, I mean Harrington's gotta take care of their hair right?" Steve joked, beginning to call me by his last name lately.

"Carful, if you keep calling my by your last name, I might guess that you're gonna put a ring on my finger" "well that's the plan" Steve said, winking at me with a smug smirk.

Time skip
After buying some stuff and hanging out, it was about time for me and Steve to get ready for the basketball game, the both of us wasting a bit of time in the shower after having a "moment".

Once we did get out of the shower we had to rush, Steve rushing through styling his hair, the same as me before we had gotten dressed in record time.
Hair and fit check

Steve's fit

"Let's go" I say, me and Steve getting into his car, making our way to the basketball game, surprisingly early

"Oh my god Y/n, I missed you" Chrissy said, hugging me in her cheer uniform.

"Hey Chrissy, yeah I've missed you to" I say, the both of us talking for a bit before I left to sit with Steve, Tammy Thompson singing the national anthem.

"What the hell are my ears hearing?" Harrington asked me as I shrugged "I don't know but mine are definitely bleeding right now" I say, hoping for Tammy to finally shut up, Lucas turning back and waving at me, looking upset that nun of his friends had shown.

Eventually the game got started, everyone cheering whenever we made a point.

"Why couldn't they play like this when we were here?!" I asked, Steve just shrugging.

"Well I was the only one carrying the team, everyone else is a bunch of losers" the boy said just as one of our players got hit, Lucas being brought in.

"YEAH LETS GO LUCAS" we yelled, watching my brother play his ass off, gaining point after point.

The game was down to our last points, Lucas only having three seconds to shoot the ball, all of us silent as it flew through the air, the buzzer going off just as Lucas has made the basket, everyone going crazy in excitement.

"You did great Lucas" I said after running down to my brother, hugging him despite the boy being sweaty.

"Thanks sis, that was actually kind of scary" he said, the both of us chuckling as we pulled away so he could get changed, apparently getting a ride from one of his teammates.

After telling everyone bye me and Steve had left, seeing Erica and the kids plus Eddie walking out of the middle school building.

"If it isn't the Harringtons, didn't think I'd see you two here" Eddie said while giving me a short hug.

"Well we had to support little bro" Steve says while placing his arm over my shoulder.

"Anyways we're finna go home, Erica you want us to take you home?" I asked my sister "sure, don't feel like riding behind dusty" she joked, getting into the car as we told everyone bye.

After dropping my sister off, getting her some food and also stopping inside the house to talk to my parents for a bit, me and Steve had went home for the night.

꧁꧂
𝐈𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐚𝐥𝐥
𝐖𝗼𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝗼𝐮𝐧𝐭: 776