-6-

𝐘/𝐧'𝐬 𝐩𝗼𝐯
"Ugh, my head feels like shit" I groaned, rolling over to see some advil and a water bottle.

"Glad Harrington cares" I said, sitting up to take the pill, downing it with the water.

After taking the pill I had started to hear footsteps, along with the smell of breakfast.

Before I could get up to investigate, the door had opened up to Steve who currently had a plate of food in one hand, a glass of orange juice in the other.

"Thought you might be hungry" "oh thank you Steve, you didn't have to" "I know, but I wanted to, so just enjoy" he said kindly, sitting the plate on my lap before pulling up a rollie chair to sit beside me.

"So you just gonna watch me eat?" I asked, taking a bite of eggs "pretty much" he answered, simply shrugging.

"Uh what's today?" I asked, worried about school "it's Saturday, don't worry there's no surprise school or anything" Steve said, making me chuckle.

"Thanks for the confirmation" "mhm, now hurry up and eat, apparently your mom is supposed to do your hair, and last time I remember, your braids take up a full day" Steve reminded me.

"Yeah I forgot about that, guess our bonding times getting cut short" "yeah, I'd be sad to if my time with me was cut short" "...you really are egocentric Steve" "maybe...wait what's that?"

Time skip
Now I was at home, hair fully washed and blow dried, Erica having me wash her hair as well.

But now I was sitting on the floor between moms legs, feeling her part my hair with me doing the same for Erica.

"So you just want regular braids?" I asked Erica "mhm, don't forget my beads" "I won't- Ow mom you're braiding to tight" "hush, I'm not even pulling"

While I was having my thoughts and dreams braided up, the price I pay for Butt length braids, the only thing keeping me sane was the drama from Erica and my little brother who I forced to give me snacks and water.

"I could literally be hanging out with the party right now" "but you're not, plus what's so bad about hanging out with us girls?" "Literally everything"

Eventually around 6 pm my hair was done and so was Erica's, purple and pink beads in her hair.

"Ooh this is so cute" I said, looking at my hair in the mirror.

"Erica! Lucas! Come in here!" I yelled, my sibling running in.

"What?" "Let's take a photo" I said, holding up my baby blue Polaroid.

"Sure" the said, all of us posing as I took three pictures for the three of us.

"Man we're the best looking siblings in this town" "mhm now that's a fact" Erica stated.

Once we left the bathroom, Lucas said that Dustin needed all of us to meet up during lunch at school on Monday, something about wanting us to see something he found.

Eventually it was dark out and I was sitting by my window, looking outside to see the streetlights flickering, uncontrollably for the first time.

"This better not be the shit Lucas was telling me about" I said, a shiver going down my spine as I closed the blinds, this time not falling asleep for a while, something telling me I just might have an encounter with whatever is in Hawkins.

꧁꧂
𝐈𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐚𝐥𝐥
𝐖𝗼𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝗼𝐮𝐧𝐭: 573