-7-

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝗼𝐫'𝐬 𝐩𝗼𝐯
Just as Dustin had asked, everyone was in the small electrical room, a box from Dustin's Halloween costume sitting in the middle.

"So...what are we looking at?" Y/n asked, knowing Dustin was waiting for that question.

"Well since you asked, I will show you" Dustin says excitedly, opening the box and shaking out Dart.

"Ew what the fuck is that?" "This is dart, short for Dartanian" "ew" "don't say ew, look he's really nice" Dustin said, putting it in Max's hand.

"Ew it's slimy, here Lucas" "don't give it to me, it's like a living bugger, you take it Y/n" Lucas says, putting Dart into Y/n's hand, making her toss Dart onto the table, a small "splat" sound being heard.

"Sorry Dustin, it's just really gross" she said, watching as the creature wiggled over to Dustin.

"*sigh* you guys are pathetic" "wow cause we don't wanna touch that sludge bug?" Lucas said, Dustin ignoring his comment.

While Dustin tried to explain what Dart could be, Will had a realization.

Dart was from the upside down.

𝐘/𝐧'𝐬 𝐩𝗼𝐯
"Yeah well it was cool seeing Dart but lunch is finna end and I got class" I said, walking out of the room, telling everyone bye before heading back to the high school building.

"Wait up Sinclair" Eddie said, jogging up to me "Wassup Ed?" "Nothing, you forgot we have the same class" Eddie said and I chuckled, shaking my head.

"Didn't forget, just didn't think you'd walk with me to class" "why not? Is the freak of Hawkins high not allowed to walk with The Y/n Sinclair" Eddie exaggerated, making me roll my eyes.

"Man let's just sit down, we all know you can't afford being late to class baldy" "wooow Baldy? I have a shaved head once in middle school and now you won't let me live it down" " precisely"

"Whatever, anyways your hair looks good" "thanks" I said with a smile, watching as Steve also walked into the room, sitting on the other side of me.

"Left me to die at lunch I see" "Steve I'm sorry, the kids were trying to show me something" I said "mhm, it's fine, also cute hair, knew you'd look good" Steve said, making heat pool in my cheeks "thank you"

Today we were watching some documentary, meaning the lights were off and literally nobody was paying attention.

"*whisper* Personally I could watch something way more entertaining" Steve whispered to me "like?" "Let's go to the movies" "oh the movies?" "Yeah, their showing nightmare on elm street, Saturday" Steve said and I nodded "sounds fun"

"*cough* if you two are done planning your little date, how about you shut up" Eddie said, ruining the mood.

"Eddie you're literally trying to sleep right now" I had pointed out "exactly"

After Eddie said that and me and Steve agreed on a time to meet up, I was just drawing in my notebook, spacing out for basically all of class, the rest of the day going by as a blur.

꧁꧂
𝐈𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐚𝐥𝐥
𝐖𝗼𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝗼𝐮𝐧𝐭: 517