escape.。༅:*🧺

and he would't really understand my vision,and once i tried to explain it to him he would just brush it off or not even listen. i tried my best to explain it in the most easiest way,but no matter how many points i made,how many clues and evidence i gave him of it, he wouldn't believe me. he was so fixated on being loyal to dutch that leaving him,or this gang in general wasn't even an option. he followed every which one of his rules,his orders,anything he told him to do. so stuck by his side,he didn't even realise it was killing him. towards the gang's end when most of us had escaped,he was destined that we still stay together,he'd go around the camp encouraging others, obnoxiously telling them they must stay,even yelling at me for even thinking about leaving the gang. at that point i've had enough of his bullshit,as much as i cared for this family,it was clear that it was falling apart,no matter how many stitches we used to sow it back together.

the late afternoon i decided it was my time to go,i took a seat by one of the tables and started writing my letter for him. using an exchanged pen from mary-beth and a page from my journal i started writing down the only form of a letter i'd give to javier escuella ever again.

my dearest javier,
i've fought against choosing this fate a lot of times, but i simply have no other option. living in this dullish state is more than exhausting. you,me and everyone else can see that this family is falling to pieces. and i know that you try and force yourself  to believe otherwise,but you just can't,it's in front of your own very eyes. but as stubborn as you are,you refuse to accept it,but rather just acknowledge it. so many people have left,so many people realised what i have known ever since we came up here to beaver hollow. the bland and depressing state of this place is what makes it so eerie and so uncomfortable to even live in.
all of this is gonna end soon,and as much as i want everyone to still stay on good terms,you will soon realise that everyone will not stand for the same morals. you will have to choose,but in the end it will all fall apart,no matter what you try to do. look at your gang leader. is that the same man that saved you so many years ago? the answer is so obviously a no but you,man child,refuse to take it as such.  you are so incredibly stubborn and as much as i do not want to see you again,i still want you to know,once all of this is over,you can still find me somewhere out there,probably not too far from here,but don't bother coming if you didn't learn your lesson and will still be following dutch.
during the night i packed my most important belongings and i'm leaving now that you've gone hunting. i will miss you insanely and i will still think of you every second of the day,and i hope that so will you of me.
forever yours,elizabeth

after finishing the letter i put it in an old envelope and closed it with some of the wax from a random candle that was lit around the camp.

i gave my letter to arthur and told him nothing more than it's just for him to give it to javier. he just nodded and tipped his hat as a form of a goodbye. "i'm gonna miss you arthur,all of you." arthur smiled and put his hand on my shoulder. "yeah,we're gonna miss you too kid,especially javier,but you do what's best for you and you run far away from here. now go before javier returns." he said as he shook my shoulder at last part. i nodded and headed out the camp on my horse.

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

"hey! hey! javier! i've got something for you." arthur yelled across the camp as he saw him come into the camp. javier gave him a bit of a weird look but figured nothing too big was going on. he dismounted boaz and started looking around for elizabeth,but couldn't find her anywhere,so he shrugged it off as she was maybe taking a walk down the path.

"what you got arthur?" he asked as he approached the sick man. "something elizabeth wanted me to give to you." his face muscles instantly numbed, before he gave the envelope in arthur's hand a dirty look and took it from him.

arthur let out a sign before moving on forward and giving him a light pat on the back. javier didn't want to think what it was,but there was no other situation of what it could of been. he sat on the chair that was by the camp fire and slowly unraveled the envelope.

with a sigh he started reading the cursive letter, getting sadder but yet angrier with every sentence. he couldn't of believed it. all of those years he put into the girl,only for her to now betray him and run away. he probably would of understood why she ran if he wasn't so pissed off right now. "no....no..." he kept on repeating,hoping his denial would bring her back but it didn't. he just sat there,staring at the camp's entrance road,waiting for her to come back to him.