Cause she began to not expect anything from anyone ever since Mina had to leave.

It's almost been 20 years. Chaeyoung is now 38 years old. She tried being in a relationship again and again, meeting new people, but in the end, she grew tired of looking for that feeling cause she knew really well that her first love would be the only one to make her feel like that.

No grudges inside her though. They both knew it from the start. They were just teenagers in love back then, afraid of being discriminated.

Chaeyoung could feel a smile growing on her face as she was walking down the park after seeing a cute high school couple with their hands intertwined as they both share some ice creams on their hands and she could see the two stealing kisses too.

If they had been born a little late, they both could have experienced that.

But like Chaeyoung thinks, no lingering thoughts must stop her.

She should celebrate this day, even if she is all alone. Chaeyoung is accustomed to this, anyways. Living a life alone isn't actually that bad than being with the wrong people.

Chaeyoung pats the side of her coat as she goes inside her usual bar. Where everything wasn't that crowded. Just the right place to party.

"A cocktail please." Chaeyoung smiled at the bartender as she looked around. This place seems to be louder than usual. Maybe because of the new people in her eyes, Chaeyoung definitely knew the faces of regulars here.

"More people than usual, this bar must've been found by some influencer." Chaeyoung giggles and the man just laughs at her antics.

"Yeah, but, I don't really know how, all I know was that those people saw this place and decided to take a stop."

"Must've been good. Maybe I am the one who brought some luck here."

The bartender looked at Chaeyoung with teasing eyes she knew really well.

The two can maybe be labeled as friends now when they're inside the bar. As usual, the two would tease each other like any other friends would, talk about small things about life, which Chaeyoung liked cause somehow, she felt like there's someone who was there to share some good and maybe bad things in their lives.

"Oh ho. That signature smirk huh? I'm not kidding!" Chaeyoung grabbed the cocktail as the man was handing it to her while he listened.

"Guess what? My art gallery was a success!" Chaeyoung bragged and she knew really well too that the man doesn't really show emotions. If they weren't close, Chaeyoung could've said that this man was heartless.

"That's good. Your drink today would be on the house to celebrate."

Chaeyoung could see the man's slight smile at the ends of his lips. Chaeyoung was happy that there was someone who's there for her right now — where she achieved success.

Friends? Nevermind that. Chaeyoung can feel the fatherly love from this man. He just listens to her problems, celebrates her success, and is just happy with what's going on with Chaeyoung's life.

Her father passed away when she was still young and that's why she is really glad to have this man. The man whom she sees as a father.

"Are you sure? I would drink the most expensive alcohol you have, you know." Chaeyoung jokes as she traces her thumb on the edge of the glass she was drinking.

"No, you won't. It's the strongest alcohol here and you wouldn't want to end up puking again on my counter." The man boastfully said and Chaeyoung just giggled.