Chapter 16 - Knots

Wen Ning created another man-shaped dent on the ground.

Wei Wuxian hurried to pull back Lan Wangji, who seemed as though he wanted to kick again, "Hanguang Jun, Hanguang Jun! Calm down!"

It appeared that the time for "sleeping" had passed, while the time for "being drunk" had arrived, and thus Lan Wangji found his way outside.

...

Before Wen Qing revolted and charged after Wangji who was still comforting Wuxian, Wen Ning held onto her in a firm hold.

"Lan Wangji! You kicked my brother!" Wen Qing scolded.

"I'm sorry, Wen Gūniáng, I may have been drunk, but it shouldn't be an excuse," Wangji said, "I can make it up to you in the future."

Wen Qing sighed, "since I witnessed before, you have no control or memories of what happens when you are drunk, so I will let it slide. But if I have a favor in the future, you better be available," she told him.

"Depends on the favor, but I will," Wangji agreed.

"You're also lucky that my Didi in your lap right now is a broken mess or I would have let you taste a needle," she threatened.

Wangji swallowed, "Xiongzhang, help?"

"Ugh, she scares me," He answered back, "but you should be find for now. A'Xian is in your lap."

Wangji was thankful for that at the moment.

...

The situation felt somewhat familiar—history really did repeat itself, didn't it? However, this time, Lan Wangji looked even more normal than last time. He didn't wear his boots wrong, either. Even when he rudely kicked over Wen Ning, his expression was still perfectly righteous. Nobody could find any fault on him. After Wei Wuxian pulled him back, he fixed his sleeves and nodded. He stood proudly where he was, stopping himself from kicking again.

Wei Wuxian used the time to ask Wen Ning, "How are you?"

Wen Ning, "I'm fine."

Wei Wuxian, "If you're fine then stand up! What are you still kneeling for?"

Wen Ning crawled up and hesitated, "Young Master Lan."

Lan Wangji scrunched his brows and covered his ears. He then turned around with his back toward Wen Ning. Facing Wei Wuxian, he used his own body to block their eye contact.

Wen Ning, "..."

Wei Wuxian, "It's best if you don't stand there. Lan Zhan, uh, doesn't really like seeing you."

Wen Ning, "... What happened to Young Master Lan?"

Wei Wuxian, "Nothing much. He's just drunk."

"What?" Wen Ning's face was blank, as though he couldn't accept such a thing. After a while, he finally continued, "Then... What are you going to do?"

Wei Wuxian, "Well, what can I do? I'm gonna carry him inside and tuck him in."

Lan Wangji, "Okay."

Wei Wuxian, "Hmm? Aren't you covering your ears? How come you're suddenly able to hear me again?"

This time, Lan Wangji refused to answer, pretending that the one who interrupted them a moment ago wasn't him. Wei Wuxian wasn't sure of how to react.

...

Lan Xichen chuckled, "Wangji, you are super adorable," he commented.

Wangji felt his ears heat up. Wuxian sat up a bit in his lap and looked up at him, "are you blushing?"