Chapter 36

Naya's POV

I pull the covers all the way up to my chin and rest my head back against the headboard. I can't help but smile a bit at the sight before me. Alex is busy changing her clothes but it's taking forever because she is still ranting about her mother's new lover.

Right now she is pacing up and down between the bathroom and the bedroom. She is only in her underwear with a toothbrush in her mouth, mumbling something I really don't understand.

"Baby just finish up and come to bed please" I laugh.

"Just so you know" she comes out with her hands on her hips. "I don't feel any kind of support from you about this."

"Support on what?" I laugh in disbelief.

"Why aren't you upset about this?" She asks with a slight chuckle and walks closer to the bed.

"You are being very dramatic and it's late" I laugh and move a bit down in the bed.

"See, you never take my side"

"Excuse me!" I gasp and sit up. "I'm always on your side!"

"Not now" she mumbles and rolls her eyes before she walks to the bathroom again.

"Where are you going now?" I laugh.

"I forgot my clothes" she yells from inside and I fall back on my pillow with a groan.

It's already 3am and I am cold, I just want her to hold me but her mind is somewhere else. She is definitely overreacting about this and she knows it but she hasn't stopped talking about it.

The only time she didn't say anything was during the ten minutes we celebrated the new year. I got my passionate kiss with her in my arms. I couldn't stop smiling about how grateful and happy I am about going into the new year with her.

And I was excited to celebrate a little more with her under the covers but I don't think that's going to happen now. I really don't want her to think about her mom while she fucks me.

No thank you.

I hear her coming out the bathroom and putting out the lights. My eyes are closed but I can feel her getting closer to the bed.

The next moment the covers are ripped off my body and I open my eyes in a gasp. "No baby, it's cold!." I whine in laughter.

Just as I reach out to grab the covers she climbs on top of me. "Oh you're so warm" she smiles and latches onto me.

"Well I've been waiting in bed for the last half an hour" I laugh but also hold her tight against me.

She hides her face in my neck and I giggle a bit when I feel her lips against my skin.

"Do you really think I'm overreacting?" She asks in a low voice as she lifts her head to look at me.

"I understand why you feel like this" I whisper and run my thumb over her cheek. "But she's happy babe."

"I know" she sighs and falls down into my neck again. "But it's gross"

I can't help but laugh and wrap my arms around her. "She says the same about us"

"No she doesn't" she gasps and lifts her head again. "We are cute" she whispers and leans down to give me a soft, lingering kiss.

"You are cute" I whisper and pull her back for another kiss.

"No, you are" she laughs and kisses me again.

This kiss is a bit deeper and I slightly moan into her mouth. I feel her smiling against my lips and I slide my hands into her shirt, running my hands over her back. Her whole body is cold so I run my hands all over, hoping it will warm her up a bit.