"But... Henry won't like it. She is his mother, despite all the horrors."

"Mary Margaret, those horrors will continue. Do you wanna give her another chance, because every time we do, she-"

"She slips, I know. What do we do?"

"Instead of a second chance, we give her a choice—come back, live out her days in Rumple's cell, or stay here." The fisherman who had been listening in was engulfed in magic smoke, revealing to be Regina in disguise.

"Jail cell? I don't think so," Regina said.

THE ENCHANTED FOREST - PAST - THE EVIL QUEEN'S PALACE

Queen Regina entered the parlor, where Rumplestiltskin was waiting for her and exclaimed, "Rumplestiltskin!"

"Well, it seems you've taken to power quite well," Rumplestiltskin commented. "Gives your cheeks a nice rosy color."

"I don't understand them. I offer these peasants a fortune, and they still protect Snow White! Why are they loyal to her and not me? I am their Queen!"

"You did just slaughter an entire village. Maybe that's why they call you the "Evil Queen.""

"But I am not evil. They call me that because of her. She's the evil one."

"They're her people, dearie. You're going to have to be content with the fear. They'll never love you."

"They will. When she is gone, when Snow is dead, then they will see my kindness."

"Through the charred remains of their homes. I'm sure that will be perfectly clear."

"Well, in time it will be. Her death will allow it. And I'm going to find her. Apparently I have to do it myself."

"Well, in that outfit, finding her should be easy."

The Evil Queen gasped. "Teach me my mother's shapeshifting spell. Allow me to hide."

"It took your mother months to learn that. You? Well, in a week, you'll be able to, uh, change your hair? Highlights? Maybe."

"If I can't do the spell, you can. Put it on me."

"If I do, you won't control it. And you won't have any magic while the spell is working."

"I won't need magic. Just as long as I can get close enough to snap her neck with my bare hands."

"I can see you're determined. And when the deed is done, call upon me. Only I can return you to your regal self."

"Hold on. What's the price?"

"Boring matter of state. I need you to cut off all trade with King George's realm."

"King George? Why?"

"I need him to bankrupt! What's it to you?"

"Fine. Fine! Just do it. Time is of the essence." In a cloud of purple smoke, Rumplestiltskin transformed the Queen into a peasant woman, complete with the rags. "I don't feel any different, other than these ghastly rags."

Rumplestiltskin led her over to her mirror. "This is what the world will see."

She looked in the mirror and saw that she looked completely different. "Excellent! I'm about as regal as a potato."

"Careful, dearie. A Queen strutting amongst peasants might not like what she hears."

"Won't matter. When I'm done, they'll be singing my praises over her smoldering, villainous remains."