Chapter Five

Telling Donna that I was leave for California in a few days made me kind of sad knowing that she was kind of hurt

I was currently watching Soul Train since there was nothing else on plus Naomi stayed with Trish last night.

A soft knock came on the door & I hopped up walking over cracking it to see who it was.

"Donna" I said caught off guard

"Hi Janet may I come in?" She asked for some reason she had on those sunglasses again.

I nodded moving aside letting her in, once she was in I closed the door & we sat on the couch.

"How did you know where I lived?"

"Trish" We said at the same time causing both of us to laugh.

"Yeah, I know your leaving in a few days so I wanted to just hang out for a bit."

"Well maybe I could see your beautiful brown eyes first" I said trying to take the glasses off but she rejected it.

"No please"

"What's going on?" I asked waiting for her to answer.

"Listen Donna you can be open with me okay I am not going to hurt you" I held both her hands in my hands.

We stared at each other & in this moment I knew she means more to me then a simple hook up.

"May I?" I asked asking to take her glasses off.

She nodded slowly & I gently took them off, "Oh my gosh" I said horrified by what I saw.

"Donna what happened to your face?"

"Umm" She wiped her nose trying to find the right words to say.

"My boyfriend" She trailed

"What your boyfriend?"

"Yeah.." She trailed.

"I knew you were straight but I never knew you had a boyfriend why didn't you tell me?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Because I...."

"We been together since high school & we hit rough times so I had to do somethings I am not proud of." She said tearing up.

"Hey,no,no dont cry" I softly wiped her tears away.

"Listen to me if you need me I am here for you ok"

Donna nodded starting to break down more I pulled her into me & hugged her tightly.

"Its ok I am here, you are more than welcomed to stay here with me & Naomi"

I dont know what it was about her but I just wanted to protect her & love her if she wanted me too.

She sat up & our eyes locked as a tear fell down her face.

"I like you Janet" She whispered touching my face softly

"I like you too Donna" Just as our lips were about to touch the doorbell rung.

I stood from the couch sighing walking over answering it regretting even opening the door.

"Denise what the fuck are you doing here?" I asked closing the door a bit so she wouldn't see Donna sitting on the couch because I dont need the drama

"Look We need to talk Janet" I shook my head

"About what why wont you leave me alone?"

She sighed, "well can I at least come in" She pointed toward the door.

"No talk right here"

"You got somebody in there Jan?"

"So what if I do what do you want to talk about Denise?"

She folded her arms taking a deep breath, "I left Heather"

I demeanor soften up a bit, "Why?"

"Because I still love you I can't see myself with anyone else but you"

"Same ole Denise huh? I dont have time for this" I said

"Janet please" She begged on the verge of tears.

I stood there for a minute thinking about giving her another chance but decided against it.

"Goodbye Denise" I stepped back in the house closed the door laying my head against it.

"Everything okay?" Donna asked walking up behind me touching my shoulder.

I nodded & turned to face her locking eyes once more & without thinking we both leaned in attaching our lips.

I was pushed back against the door as we continued to make out heavily.

Wanting to take it up a notch, I gently picked her up bridal style taking her into my room & laying her down breaking the kiss.

"Are you sure we can definitely take our time no rush."

"Ok maybe we should just till I figure out what I really want" I agreed & she sat up gently smiling at me.

"Let's go do something" I said pulling her up by her hand & we headed out my room.

We ended up going to the park & walked around talking & joking with each other we didn't even talk about our emotional moment.

My mind often did drift off to Denise, hearing her say that she left her wife for me it made me feel that she was serious this time about us but I like Donna & I dont want to mess it up.

"So have you decided what you are going to do?"

She shrugged laying back on the seat of my car.

"I dont know but I have to go back home"

"What why?" I asked turning toward her.

"You just wouldn't understand Janet" she brushed it off

"I would you just aren't telling me you still love him?"

"Of course I do look I dont have time for this" She said & jumped out my car I got out too calling her name but she just ignored me & kept walking.

"Fuck" I cursed at myself

So much for a good day