5. Thousand masks

(Y/n)= Your name

(L/n)= Last name

(H/c)= Hair color

(E/c)= Eyes color

(F/c)= Favourite color

(Y/n) POV

A week has passed since the start of May. The demeanor of the class had changed, they started to pay attention during classes, although there were some exceptions who kept doing whatever they wanted since acting like good students wouldn't have given their points back, just like Sensei said.

"Are you two free during lunch? Do you want to eat together?"

It took me a while to process what I just heard. I turned to Kiyo, who had the same dumbfounded expression, and I looked back at her. I checked my surroundings to make sure her invitation was really directed at us, most of them had already left for lunch with their groups. No doubt, Horikita was referring to us.

"How unusual, are you sick?" I couldn't help but wonder about her physical and mental health, after all, I was one of the many kinds of people she hated to deal with.

"I'm perfectly fine. Is it weird to want to have a meal with your classmates?" she asked feigning ignorance.

"That's not, but the fact that's coming from you is suspicious."

"If we always doubted everyone else's true intentions, human society wouldn't function, right?"

"That's rich coming from you since you've been doubting about our coincidences." I sassed.

"Anyway, let's head to the cafeteria, you can pick any lunch set, my treat."

She completely ignored my point, we had already our lunch personally made with courtesy of myself. I started to have goosebumps, she was even willing to treat us to lunch!

We reluctantly followed her to the cafeteria.

Kilo ordered one of the most expensive sets, while I slipped away by securing our seats.

"Come on eat."

She was definitely waiting for him to take the bait. She was very insistent about treating us to lunch, and Kiyo fell for it. Was I supposed to warn him? Why? It was an opportunity to bond with his classmate.

As soon as he took a bite.

"It's a bit sudden but listen to me."

Yep, called it.

Horikita's whole talk was about the upcoming midterm test and how to boast the class scores. Hirata formed study groups to help our classmates to improve their marks, especially those who have a higher chance to fail, but these students in question refused to join them. The idiot trio, Ike, Yamauchi, and Sudo, had some sort of antagonism towards Hirata, so they were making it hard for the class. Actually, I couldn't care less if they got expelled, I value quality over quantity, but at this stage, I wasn't able to say for sure if we would receive some penalty. Since we'll face each class to reach the top, for example, if in future we will have a test where having more students gave an advantage respect the others, we'd be in trouble.

So for that reason, the magnanimous Horikita was willing to use her precious time to tutor them, and the task of gathering them was up to him, Kiyo. But when he tried to object.

"You ate it, right? My treat. Lunch. That wonderful, tasty special meal."

"..." he got baited.

The next time I go to the library, I need to check if they have the "48 Laws of Power" (R. Greene), he should read it, especially law 40.