Chapter 35

Rithika's pov:
As an each hour passess, the pain in my hand increased. I can't able to lift my hand and it's stinging hard. I tried to sleep with my heavy hand but couldn't able to succeed in it.

"Lee told you already but you are so stubborn. Now what you want me to do now?" he asked sighing and rubbing the spot with the ice cubes.

"I didn't know before. I can't handle it Rahul" I whispered while feeling pain for every rub. I stopped him at some point and didn't let him touch my hand.

"That's why she warned you. Now, try to sleep" He said while making me turn to the opposite side.

I tried to sleep and he massaged my hand so smoothly. I slept in the process.

When I woke up, I can't find Rahul in the room. The pain continued so I layed there simply.

After few minutes, Rishi came inside with a medical cover in his hand. He came straight from the hospital it seems.

He smiled at me and went near the fridge. He opened the cover and placed few medicines inside which sent me a shiver. I can easily spot injection cover. He placed the other things in the table and came towards me. He sat near me.

"So how it went?" he asked me.

"Rishi, please, I don't want anything. Please save me from Rahul" I requested him. He chuckled.

Rishi's pov:
Rahul messaged me to collect the medicines while I come home so I collected it.

"Lee showed me your report Rithika. It's not good. You have to gain energy to deliver the baby in few months. But don't worry, it will be over soon" I replied looking at her scared face.

"No Rishi, I can't handle the pain in my hand. It's hurting so much already" she whined. Lee said that she gave only Tdap to her.

"How many injection she gave you?" I asked her thinking about any other medicine she may given her.

"Only one" she said shocking me.

"What? Why she have given that in your hand then?" I ask confused. It's not a one to give it in her hand. It will sting more.

"I asked her to give it in my hand. Lee said it will pain but Rahul didn't say anything so she did" She said innocence covering her face.

"Where is that idiot?" I asked her and she pouted. I called him immediately. He came after few minutes all confused.

"Rahul, what you have done? Are you an idiot to give Tdap in her hand?" I asked. He sighed.

"Lee warned her Rishi but she is so adamant at that time. She said that she will handle it" he said sitting beside us.

"She doesn't know anything Rahul. You could have explained her" I said. His face flared in anger.

"I think it's an unlucky day for me. Everyone are scolding me to take care of her whereas she is so careless" he blabbered.

"No, I'm careful" She argued immediately. He glared at her.

"Rishi, fresh up and come. You have something to do" he said looking at her. She is already scared but he is not making her any less. I glared at him.

"You go outside and let her take rest now. I will give her medicine in the evening" I replied. He sighed and went out without telling anything.

"Is the pain manageable or shall I give tablet?" I asked her. She shook her head.

"I will manage this. If it is too high, I will ask you" She smiled at me. I smiled at her in return and moved out.

In the evening, Shreya prepared tea and gave to all of us. Rithika didn't came out of her room. Rahul messaged me to come so I stood up.