Chapter 15 - Jin Ling's Blame Game

Start from the beginning

In a hushed voice, Wei Wuxian shouted at him, "I told you to come down, not go down. 'Come', you understand?"

Wen Ning looked up at him. Dusting off his clothes, he crawled out of the dent and hurried to reply, "Oh. I'm coming."

As soon as he finished, he clung to a pillar and prepared to climb. Wei Wuxian interrupted him at once, "Stop! Stay where you are. I'll come get you."

He returned to Lan Wangji and leaned down toward his ears, "Lan Zhan, oh, Lan Zhan. Please sleep for a while longer. I'll be back before you know it. Won't you be a good boy?"

...

"Probably not," Xichen said, "knowing him, he will wake shortly and notice you missing."

"You are indeed, quite smart, Zewu Jun," Wuxian told him.

"So he woke up soon," he stated nodding his head. Wuxian nodded with him.

...

After he spoke, he felt a strange urge. He couldn't help but brushed the tip of his finger against Lan Wangji's eyelashes. In a slight manner, Lan Wangji's lashes trembled and his brows twitched. He looked rather perturbed.

Removing his hand, Wei Wuxian leaped out the window. He hopped a few times on the branches by the roof, then landed on the ground. Right after he turned around, Wen Ning kneeled down in front him.

Wei Wuxian, "What are you doing?"

Wen Ning said nothing, his head hanging low.

Wei Wuxian asked again, "Do you really have to talk to me like this?"

Wen Ning lowered his voice, "Young Master, I'm sorry."

Wei Wuxian, "Well then."

Immediately after he spoke, he kneeled in front of Wen Ning as well. Startled, Wen Ning proceeded to kowtow him, while Wei Wuxian soon returned the kowtow as well. Wen Ning was so alarmed that he jumped up at once.

Only then did Wei Wuxian stand up again, sweeping off the dirt at his hems, "You could've just stood straight and talked to me, you know?" Wen Ning was still looking at the ground, afraid to say anything. Wei Wuxian asked, "When did you regain consciousness?"

Wen Ning, "Just a while ago."

Wei Wuxian, "Do you still remember the things that happened when the nails were in your head?"

Wen Ning, "Some... but not all."

Wei Wuxian, "What do you remember?"

Wen Ning, "That I'd been chained in a really dark place. I think people sometimes came to check on me."

Wei Wuxian, "Do you remember who they were?"

Wen Ning, "No, only that somebody nailed something into my head."

Wei Wuxian, "It was probably Xue Yang. He also used those nails to control Song Lan. He used to be a guest cultivator at the LanlingJin Sect, but we still don't know whether he did such a thing out of his own intentions or was it the Lanling Jin Sect's wishes." After giving it some thought, he continued, "Most likely, it was out of the Lanling Jin Sect's wishes. Back then, they all said that you'd been completely annihilated. If the Lanling Jin Sect didn't take part in this, he wouldn't have been able to hide the truth all on his own." With a pause, he asked again, "Then, what happened afterwards? How did you go to Dafan Mountain?"

Wen Ning, "Afterwards, I don't know how long had passed, but I suddenly heard someone clap, and then, Young Master, you said 'wake up,' so I... struggled out of the chains and rushed outside..."