Unlike the Big 3, no paparazzi ever lurked around smaller companies like ours unless our popular boy group Viva dropped by but I happened to know that they were currently on leave. So it surprises me that there are a few perched by the entrance.

"They must be here for you." Mr Oh murmurs looking at them in disbelief. "That's odd no one tipped them off. Which means they must have followed us."

His eyes light up gleefully as he stares at me. "My dear, you are making my job a dream come true."

My shoulders tense against the soft material of my seat and I lean forward to look at them. There are ten people standing by the small tiled walkway that leads to our building. They stand around looking bored as they adjust their camera lenses and video equipment.

"As much as I want to flaunt you in front of our company signboard I'd better ask our executives first."

I almost sigh in relief at his words and I don't realise I am holding my breath until he ends the call. The disappointment on his face makes my stomach flutter with hope.

"Change of plans. We're dropping you back to the trainee dorms. No lessons for today."

The flutter of hope evaporates almost immediately. I glance at his watch, noting that it is only six in the evening. If this were any other day I would be practicing my dance for the upcoming evaluation at this time.

"Mr Oh, my evaluation is in two weeks. I need to practice." I lean forward, my hands clasped together pleadingly.

The worry on my face must be comical because he simply laughs at me. "Oh please. You said it yourself, you've practiced 17, 472 hours already. Missing a few isn't going to hurt."

Oh, how wrong he is.

He gestures for the driver to take off and I can only watch hopelessly as we move further and further away from my regular dance studio. I can imagine the rest of my batch of trainees dancing hard in those very rooms right now, their hours clocked in now more than mine.

"Mr Oh, why didn't the executives want me to be photographed?" I just had to ask.

A flash of irritation crosses his face before he speaks hesitantly. "They said you've had enough publicity for now and they want to limit it before the final line up for the group is announced."

There it was, that stone of doubt he'd just catapulted my way, knocking me into my seat. Firefly Entertainment had announced that they were going to debut a new girl group in the coming months.

But they haven't announced the line up and even though I am currently in the news, that still isn't a guarantee that I will debut. This made me want to join the ongoing practices even more.

Once we reach the dorms, Mr Oh puts a hand on my shoulder, his gaze reassuring. "Enjoy this time off gifted to you. You did great today kid. I'll put in a good word for you, okay?"

I want to tell him that a manager's words don't mean much compared to the executives but I just don't feel like talking. So I give him a small smile and get off.

"There's a night market around the corner. Go for a walk, check out the food. Enjoy your freedom while it lasts."

The door slides shut before me and then drives away leaving me standing outside our dormitory. His parting words make me think of Dalia once again. There is no way she could stand here like me and go unrecognised.

Realising I have nothing else to do, I walk down the crowded stone foot path, bumping shoulders with other pedestrians. The city is crowded at this time of day. Most people have finished work and I see couples and families filling the restaurants.