Chapter 7 Eating Chicken

  Old Man Li had no objection to his granddaughter's idea of ​​entertaining guests with pheasants.

  In the future, if there is a rotten tongue saying that he has made his granddaughter accustomed to crooked, he will be able to go back more confidently.

  "Grandpa, do we have any seasonings at home? It's for stewing chicken." Li Mingyue asked. It's been too long, and she can't remember the details of the things at home. Before going out this morning, she just looked around in the room where the food was kept.

  Old Man Li said, "If you have salt at home, just put some salt in it. As long as it's meat, it's delicious."

  Zhou Heng, who was in front of him, heard it, and his feet almost twitched, and he was instantly impressed by Old Man Li's cooking skills. Hopeless.

  Li Mingyue remembered the soul of a chef he met after his death. The days of waiting in line were very boring, and everyone's souls passed the time by chatting and arguing.

  The chef's soul said: "The highest level of cooking is to use only a small amount of salt as an auxiliary seasoning."

  I don't know if he is right or not. Anyway, many souls refute this statement, and they never mentioned the chef's soul.

  Has Grandpa already mastered the true meaning of cooking?

  Li Mingyue laughed.

  When Zhou Heng turned around, he was a little lost when he saw her smile. This picture reminded him of a pig.

  Just listen to the pig. No, Li Mingyue said: "Grandpa, then you should pay attention to where there are wild onions, wild garlic and wild ginger. Let's dig some and put some when we go back to stew the chicken."

  There are these wild game in the fields on the mountain.

  Mr. Li responded quickly with a headache, and his eyes searched everywhere.

  Zhou Heng began to look forward to eating chicken again.

  When they reached the foot of the mountain, they entered the village, and they met the captain with a hoe.

  "Yo, old man, where did you get this? Going deep into the mountains?"

  Captain Li Shizhu looked at the rabbits and pheasants in Old Man Li's hands with glowing eyes, then glanced at the chestnuts in Zhou Heng's basket, and then looked at the fungus in Li Mingyue's basket.

  He quickly estimated that with these things, Old Li Tou and his granddaughter should be able to survive until the next month's harvest, so that he would not have to lend them any more food, nor would he have to be scolded by his mother-in-law for not being able to go to the kang every day. .

  Old man Li is not afraid of being seen by Li Shizhu, there are few things, so there is no need to hand them over to the team.

  He couldn't hide the smugness on his face, and said, "I didn't go into the deep mountains, I just walked a little bit inside."

  Li Shizhu didn't believe it at all. Once again, there is nothing left to eat.

  Forget it, if you don't tell him the truth, don't tell him, and he doesn't care.

  The old man Li continued to say, "No, there are educated youths in the family, how can we as the master say that my family also knows that there is nothing, thank you for being lucky today, catching a rabbit and a pheasant."

  He looked at Looking at Zhou Heng, Candied Date always said that it was because Zhou Xiaozi was lucky, and he didn't know if it was true or not.

  The captain also glanced at Zhou Heng vaguely, and said in his heart, you can pull it down, as if you were so enlightened, who was the one who blocked the door of his house for three days and caused him to be imprisoned for three days. The mother-in-law held her ears and cursed for a week.

  To put things closer, just last month, in order to ask the five-year-old Sanwa for half a corn, she made a half-day of dog's tail grass for Sanwa.

  He felt that Zhou Heng must have got these things, and Old Man Li was so generous just to take advantage.

  Anyway, don't be generous to him, Li Shizhu doesn't bother to care about it.

  "Okay, then hurry up and go back, don't be seen by the villagers and cause trouble." Others in the village are not envious of his high quality.

  When Li Mingyue passed by Li Shizhu, he smiled and greeted: "Uncle Captain, come to my house to eat chicken at night."

  Li Shizhu quickly waved his hand: "You guys can eat it."

  With just such a few things, the five educated youths are all young and strong, plus the old man Li and his grandson, it is estimated that one person will not be able to share much. Although he is also greedy for meat, he will not join this irritating person. of liveliness.

  He slapped his mouth as he walked, feeling that the girl Mingyue was the true biography of Old Li Tou.

  Li Mingyue and the three returned home all the way. As soon as they entered the yard, they saw three female educated youths squatting in the yard washing clothes and talking, while another male educated youth was sitting on the edge of the east house and reading a book.

  Suddenly there was anger in the yard. Seeing this anger, Li Mingyue's mood became brighter.

  She shouted first, "We're back!"

  Hearing the movement, the four educated youth looked up and saw that the landlord had returned, and they all stood up.

  A female educated youth with two pigtails and a round face looked left and right, and seeing that her companion didn't mean to take the initiative to speak, she said, "That, Grandpa Li, Sister Mingyue, right?"

  Old Man Li squeezed out a simple and honest smile. Come on, "hey".

  Li Mingyue also smiled and said, "You can just call me Mingyue." The

  round-faced female educated youth saw that Li's grandfather and grandson looked kind, so she also smiled and said, "My name is Mai Lili, and we moved here in the morning. A few of us made our own decisions and lived in one Westinghouse and two Eastings in your house, and we moved all the things in it to the other Westinghouse, do you think it will work?" The

  three female educated youths occupied one room. In the big west house, the educated youth Gu Shijie worried that Zhou Heng would find it inconvenient to live in the same room with him, so he occupied an east room and moved Zhou Heng's things to another east room.

  Old Man Li pondered for a while, then grinned: "Comrade Mai Mai, the wheat is good, there is some noodles to eat."

  Mai Lili didn't react, and said "ah".

  The other two female educated youths couldn't help laughing, thinking that the old man was really interesting.

  The old man Li said honestly: "Our family only has many houses. You can come here as you see how it is convenient for you to live. If there is any problem, find the captain Li Shizhu, he will work."

  He suddenly remembered that Li Shizhu promised to give 20 catties of coarse grain every month, and he didn't know when it would be delivered.

  "Okay, thank you uncle." The other two female educated youths greeted Li with a smile and introduced themselves.

  "My name is Shen Xiaoqin, and Mingyue can call me Sister Xiaoqin."

  "My name is Xu Yingna." The

  educated youth also came over to help unload the basket on Zhou Heng's back, and said, "My name is Gu Shijie, you can call me anything. Okay." He looked quiet.

  Li Mingyue greeted them one by one: "Sister Mai, Sister Xiaoqin, Sister Yingna, Brother Gu."

  Old Man Li smiled honestly, raised the pheasant in his hand, and said, "Tonight's stewed pheasant, everyone is welcome to stay here. Come into my house, and everyone will be in the same yard in the future, so don't be polite."

  Mai Lili and others had seen the hare and pheasant long ago, they thought they didn't have their share, but they didn't expect to get a share of the pie. They all cheered.

  Xu Yingna looked at the colorful feathers on the tail of the pheasant and asked, "Master, can you give me some chicken feathers?"

  Old Man Li smiled, "These chicken feathers belong to my granddaughter, you have to ask my granddaughter."

  Li Mingyue is going to take these The chicken feathers were used as a feather duster. She heard her grandfather say this and smiled: " Okay   , you can pick it up when I wash the chicken feathers."

  "Okay."

Rei squatted and watched curiously.

  "Mingyue, your movements are really neat, do you often cook chicken?"

  Li Mingyue thought about it, and her living conditions were good for three or four years before she died in her last life. The Zhao family basically eats chicken every month, and it is her tidy. Later, after she went to heaven, she also discussed with the chef's soul about the rules of laying chickens, as well as the handling of chickens, but that was mainly a theory.

  Now she should be a person who has hardly eaten chicken, so she smiled: "We rural people, we work a lot, and we can do everything neatly. This is the first time to cook chicken."

  "Ah?" Mai Lili was worried, "Then can you make chicken?"

  It's not easy to eat chicken once, but don't waste it, it's a pity.

  She turned her head and asked Xu Yingna and the others: "Who of you can cook chicken? If you want to help Mingyue."

  Xu Yingna shook her head, her family was poor and had no conditions to eat chicken, but she knew how to cook eggs.

  Shen Xiaoqin also shook her head. Her family eats chicken from time to time, but it's not a finished product from the cafeteria, or it's made by a former security guard at home. She hasn't touched it.

  Gu Shijie blushed and shook his head, indicating that he had never done it.

  Zhou Heng didn't come out because he didn't know what to do in the room.

  Li Mingyue smiled and said: "I will do it, you will wait and see later."

  Mai Lili showed a careless smile, and decided in her heart to watch her do it all the way, and stop it in time if something goes wrong.

  It didn't take long for Mai Lili to find that she had no room to play at all, and after a while, the smell of greedy worms came from the kitchen.

  The others all walked into the yard, chatting reservedly, while taking two sips in the direction of the kitchen from time to time, even Zhou Heng came out.

  Old man Li walked in from the outside with ten catties of coarse grains in his arms and asked, "Who made this? Why is it so fragrant, I can smell it from far away."

  He just finished speaking when he saw his granddaughter and the wheat hugging alone. A pot of hot chicken came out.

  "Get ready to eat chicken!" Mai Lili shouted excitedly.

  Everyone immediately made a mess, and went back to the room to get tableware and chopsticks, those who were looking for benches looked for benches, those who were looking for tables looked for tables, and those who wanted to help greeted them and wanted to take over. Even Zhou Heng took two steps.

  Excited, Old Man Li said quickly, "Go to the main room and move the table, and move the table out of the courtyard. Everyone will eat in the courtyard."

  Everyone sat down. In addition to a pot of chicken and chicken soup, there was a packet of biscuits contributed by Mai Lili, a bottle of canned food from Gu Shijie, an extra corn cake made by Shen Xiaoqin at noon, Zhou Heng a small bottle of white wine.

  Xu Yingna said embarrassedly: "I only have a few pieces of candy in the box, or I'll wash the dishes after I finish eating."

  Old man Li waved his hand and looked at the people at the table, feeling that his family was really popular today.

  "Eat!"

  With the order, everyone's chopsticks couldn't wait to reach for the chicken.

  The fragrant and hot chicken entrance, everyone just feels that the mouth is full of fragrant, extremely fresh, fragrant and smooth, the taste buds on the tongue are extremely satisfied, and the internal organs seem to be ironed.

  "It's delicious!" Mai Lili swallowed a piece and said, "This is the best chicken I've ever eaten!"

  Shen Xiaoqin also nodded vigorously: "Yes, yes, it smells good, but it tastes even more delicious. I think the chicken I used to eat was all for nothing."

  Gu Shijie thought for a while and said, "Delicious food!"

  Xu Yingna smiled contentedly and said, "It's good to go to the countryside to cut the queue."

  Lian Zhou Heng's stern face He also showed an expression of approval, and nodded to Li Mingyue: You can't look like a person!

  Old Man Li is very proud that his granddaughter made it.

  The chicken made by Li Mingyue conquered everyone, and the luck value above her head flashed a few times, becoming -574.