Chapter Eight

The Genesis

Monday is supposed to be a rest day. At ganun na nga ang balak sana ng dalawang naninirahan ngayon sa iisang penthouse. Yet unfortunately, a call from the headquarters needed Pierce presence from this certain mission.

Even though Pierce got his own job with guarding Storm, her father still allowed him to accept missions as a secret or special agent. Hindi naman niya pwedeng bitawan ang orihinal na trabaho.

Pierce headed inside Storm's room na tanging tunog ng aircon ang maririnig sa tahimik na paligid.

She was hugging Spike while still asleep even at passed lunch time.

He find the view satisfying and cute so he opened his phone and took the photo of the two.

"Adorable." he said.

Storm moved a little and when she felt another presence, she opens her eyes to check who is it.

"Pierce?" then yawned.

"Anong ginagawa mo dito? You good?" she said with a morning raspy voice.

She sat and lean her back on the headboard not minding what she looks like. Komportable siya kay Pierce at yun ang totoo. Even if she might have a bird's nest hair, it's okay.

"Uhuh. I tried to wake you up for breakfast but you're still in deep sleep." tiningnan ni Storm ang orasan at mag a-ala una na pala.

Lumipat ang husky nila sa kandungan ni Pierce tapos natulog ulit. His lap must be so comfortable Storm thought.

"I finished watching a series late at night. No, I mean, inabot na ako ng umaga sa pinanuod ko kaya bagsak na bagsak." he nodded.

When Storm can clearly see things, napansin niyang bihis na bihis ang lalaki. Akala niya wala siyang trabaho pero mukang aalis.

"Saan punta mo?" puna nito.

"I will be gone for a day or two. Hindi ko alam kung makakauwi ako mamayang gabi o bukas na." worried was plastered in Pierce's face. Ayaw niya talagang iwan ang babaeng binabantayan.

"Is it for work?"

Tumayo na si Storm sa kama at dumiretso sa cr. Hindi na niya sinarado ito dahil maghihilamos lang naman siya at magsisipilyo. So Pierce can still see her and so does she.

"Yes. I was called for a work today and it's very important." pag-explain nito.

When Storm lean down to spit the toothpaste and to gargle some water, his eyes went down as the end of her oversized shirt moved up because of the motion, exposing her legs and the dolphin shorts that was hidden awhile ago.

Napalunok ang lalaki at nag-iwas ng tingin.

Storm's bare face, messy hair and the way she comfortably dressed inside the house casually—really gave an impact to him that other woman can't do for the past years of his life. She has her own ways to attract this man without her knowing.

"Curious ako sa trabaho mo Pierce. I don't think you're just a hired bodyguard." sabi ni Storm habang sa salamin nakatingin.

"I am not, baby. But this is confidential. Not everyone is allowed to know this."

Agad niyang nilingon si Pierce nang mas lalo itong nagkaroon ng katanungan sa isip.

"Not even me?" she asked.