28

Getting William Afton to take a shower was by far the hardest task of living with him. He can do any chore around the house, make dinner, get groceries, but god forbid standing under running water and getting clean. So, when you could finally convince him to spend a bit of his precious time taking a shower, it was a big win for you. William didn't think so, of course.

As William is in the shower, you've decided to clean up your room. It wasn't as messy as it's been in the past, it can still use a bit of freshening up, though. You aren't used to two people living in one small room. With two people that means double the clothes, double the trash, and double the random things lying around. You can't count how many things you've lost in the short amount of time that William has been living here. You're sure he took half of them, though.

"We have a laundry basket for a reason," you mutter to yourself. Often, both of you forget to place your dirty laundry in the laundry hamper. You should really remind yourself more.

You spot a pair of William's pants he has left on the ground. For an unknown reason, they are stuffed in the back of the closet. You go to pry them out while having to reach your arm in. When you picked them up, you could feel the weight of the pair being different than all the rest. That immediately piques your interest, so you pull them out.

When you finally get them unstuck, you investigate the pants. You recognize them as pants he wore when he came to work as Dave. No wonder they were shoved back there. You start to put them back, not finding anything interesting to do with them. Well, that's before you hear a quick clinking sound.

You shake the pants, making sure the sound didn't come from elsewhere. The clank the movement makes proves that these pants aren't ready to be put back down. You look at the left side pocket, finding nothing. You move to the other pocket and find the source of the sound. A necklace. You inspect the gold necklace closely. The heart it held had initials engraved. Why would William have a necklace that doesn't have his initials on it? Why would he be hiding it?

Then it hits you. Scott had mentioned William having a family, including a wife. Was this his wife's necklace? That would explain the hiding and the initials. It would make a lot of sense.

"Darling, can you- oh." During your investigation, you completely missed the shower turning off.

You turn to William with the necklace in hand. "It's very pretty!" You compliment it. William swiped the necklace from your hands, placing it in his pocket once more.

"Whatever."

Feeling as though you're missing information, you try to bring up the topic after he dismisses it. "Are you going to tell me about it?" You ask. You don't assume he will, but it doesn't usually hurt to ask. 

"I'll save that story for another time. I wanna try something," William tells you. He holds up a hair tie and passes it to you. Hesitantly, you take it, questioning what he wants to do with it. "I saw, uh... nevermind! It's stupid to ask."

You frown as William looks away. "No, no, Will, you can ask. I promise I won't judge," you encourage him. It can't be that bad. William doesn't bring up things he doesn't care about, you've learned that. You have a feeling you know what he wants to ask, though you can never be sure with this man.

"Fine. Can you put up my hair? I tried doing it myself, but it just wouldn't work."

"Of course, I can! Just a second," You leave your room, heading into the bathroom. You can tell one of the reasons it didn't work for William is that he didn't try to brush his hair first. So, you grab a hairbrush.

You go back into your room and see William sitting on the bed, patiently. You thankfully didn't have to order him to move so you could do his hair. "Okay, what did you want to do with it?" You ask him.

William thinks for a second before responding. "Just a... what's it called? The... you put it in the elastic and it stays there?" He reaches to the back of his head and grabs a fistful of it, holding it in place. You assume from his demonstration that he means a ponytail.

"A ponytail?"

"Yeah, that one."

You start to brush through William's drying hair, being as gentle as you can. He winces when it pulls his hair and you apologize before continuing.

"What kind of ponytail would you like-"

"There are different types?!" William interrupts you, confused. 

You laugh at his reaction, stopping when he throws a hand back to hit your shoulder. "Ow- yes! Of course, there are different types."

"Just do the quickest one. I wanna get this over with," William mumbles. You grab the hair tie and start to pull up the thick pieces of his still dyed hair. You've tried to tell him that he should cut it out, but he seems to like this length, so he keeps it. You're fine with whatever makes him happy.

You decide on a medium ponytail thinking it'll be easier for William to put up with. Making sure to have the hair tie around your hand, you gather the hair. Once you're sure that it's the best it can be at the moment, you pull on the hair tie and complete the ponytail. "There ya go," you announce.

"Is this what it always feels like?" William asks.

"It takes some time to get used to, Will." You lean forward and kiss his head. He sinks into your chest, making your back rest on the wall. You wrap your arms around him, holding him close. This is almost a daily routine for you two. "You might mess up your ponytail when you sleep."

"That's alright."

............................................

Don't ask why it just abruptly ends lmao

I'm so sorry for the wait, and I'm so thankful for y'all understanding. I hope that this chapter is okay, because this is how it will be for a while. There probably won't be as consistent updates like there were in the past, but I'll try to update every week or so. I am in the middle of like, all my exams though, so please don't count on it. Thank you all so much, and have a good day/night!