Title

The rain was still pounding hard outside, drenching the entire campus from one end to the other. However, safely inside the Nakiri estate, was Erina's father Azami being told news from one of the servants in his office.

"Miss Erina isn't in her room. And it would appear that she left accompanied by Miss Alice. Shall I send someone to go after her?"

Azami sighed, "That's Erina for you. Yes, do that. Go ahead and find out where she has gone. I am quite busy dealing with some important matters right now. Tomorrow, the curtain rises on a great revolution. Oh, and send in Hikari for me, won't you?"

The servant almost flinched at the mention of Hikari's name, but still his fear and nodded as he left the office. He turned to his left and saw Hikari sitting against the wall just outside the door. Her eyes were lifeless but her body was shaking in fear like a child in the dark.

"He's called for you, Ma'am." The man said.

Hikari didn't hesitate to shoot up from her place and heading into the office, closing the door behind her. She stood there patiently, waiting for Azami to say or do something other than look at the documents on the desk.

"Hikari." He said, bringing her attention more onto him, "I thought I ordered you to watch over Erina throughout the night. How is it that she was able to sneak out of her room with you watching over her?"

Hikari bowed, "My apologies, Mr. Nakiri. I must've dozed off at some point during the night and she escaped through the window."

"Do you happen to know where she may have gone?"

"No sir, not a clue. From what I've seen while attending this school, Ms. Erina hardly has a close friend group. She keeps to herself much of the time tasting food and dealing with Nakiri family matters or with the Council of Ten."

Azami hummed and stood up from his seat, walking over to Hikari, "Stand up straight." He ordered. Hikari did just that, but as soon as she stood up straight, Azami slapped so hard across the face that her cheek turned bright red and she fell to the floor in her pain.

"It was your job to keep an eye on her to make sure she stays within the house at all times. I allowed you to stay close to my daughter because you two were such a good influence on each other, but be warned I will not take this kind of defiance again. Do you understand me, Heaven Senses?"

Hikari scrambled to her feet once again, ignoring her stinging cheek and bowing just the same as she did before he slapped her.

"Of course, Mr. Nakiri, I understand my mistake and I promise that this kind of incident will not happen again."

"It had better not. Now, why don't you go make me some of your famous tea? It has been quite some time since I've eaten your food. I hope that your skills have improved quite significantly since you were returned to that little family of yours."

Hikari simply nodded and walked out the door towards the kitchen to brew him a pot of tea. As she did so, several of the chefs in the kitchen noticed the dead look in her eyes and the bright red hand mark on her cheek. One of the servants walked over to her with a worried expression on her face.

"Dear, are you all right?" She asked, "That looks like a nasty mark. I'll bring you to the do--"

"No, that's quite all right." Hikari said, "Please, do not distract me. If I don't get the timing right for this boiled water, the flavor of the tea won't come out properly and then my punishment will be far worse than just a slap on the cheek."

The woman backed away and began to tear up, not being able to hear the brokenness of this child's voice or see the dead look in her eyes. It was completely horrifying.