The Meat Invader

The Yukihira twins were happily sleeping in their beds, waiting for the alarms to go off so they could start their days at school, when they heard a familiar voice echo through the pipes.

"Good morning, Young Yukihiras!" Isshiki said through the pipes, "I could use a bit of you help. Could you get dressed and come downstairs?"

"No!" The twins shouted at the same time, but then, one by one, the twins were shocked by the sudden appearance of Isshiki in their ceilings. They reluctantly got out of bed and got dressed, but not before Hikari tried to hit Isshiki with one her knives.

After they were dressed, they met Yuki downstairs.

"I see he woke you two up, too." She laughed.

"Yes he did." Soma answered groggily.

"So, what did he wants us to help him with?" Hikari asked.

"We're collecting vegetables from our field."

Hikari's eyes widened with a smile matching her brother's.

"Really? That awesome. Isn't that right, Hikari?" Soma said, his sister nodding excitedly.

"That is awesome. I read that food cultivating by your own hands taste much better and have even more flavor than those grown without the proper love and care." Hikari shouted happily, running to the back of the dorm to find the field.

Yuki stared at the running girl in surprise, while Soma just laughed.

"Okay, so what just happened?" Yuki asked.

"Oh, my sister loves fresh food to try and taste. You saying the words vegetable garden, was like saying amazing food right around the corner, to her. It's a frenzy trigger for the Heaven's Senses." Soma answered still laughing at his sister's reaction to the mention of a garden.

"Well, she has a point." Yuki chuckled, "The dorm's motto is that delicious food only comes from the best ingredients." 

All of a sudden, the two heard a chainsaw going around the corner. When they turned the corner, they saw Shun using a chainsaw to cut a log.

"That's how Shun gets wood for making his smoke dishes." Yuki explained, "Ryoko's specialty is making dishes with malted rice, so she has her own workshop just for that."

They walked past the malted rice workshop then walked towards a small chicken coop with plenty of chicken roaming around free-range.

"As for me, I want to breed a Kyokusei chicken equal to the French poulet de Bresse. And I let them run free-range of course."

While they continued walking through the backyard, they suddenly came across the most magnificent garden Soma had ever seen.

"And then... Isshiki's main area of operation... is here! This garden grows dozens of different vegetables."

Soma looked around in awe, but his awe quickly turned to shock when he saw the main operator of the garden standing almost butt naked as he hoed some of the vegetables.

"Greetings! Hello, Yuki, Soma." Isshiki said as he stopped for a moment to smile at them, "A little bit of hard work in the mornings helps soothe the spirits. Let us all sweat together."

The two teens stared at Isshiki, not sure what to say about his attire, or lack thereof.

"Knowing how different ingredients grow is all part of learning how to cook." Isshiki explained, "This is known as Kyokusei Field. Or better yet, it should be known as Isshiki Field."

"So..."

"Soma!" A voice called nearby. Soma and the others turned around and saw Megumi with a large basket of freshly picked vegetables.