Spring Storm

The twins were quickly given a mission: Challenge the number seven seat on the Council of Ten, Isshiki. And being who they were, the twins were happy to take on the challenge.

Soma grabbed his headband and wrapped it around his head while his sister did the same tying her long hair back. 

"Order up!" They said, then looked down at the dish Isshiki had made before.

"This dish is a peppered mackerel...." Soma said.

"With puree." Hikari added, "Judging from the looks of this dish, I'm guessing that your family specializes in traditional fine dining, is that right?"

Isshiki smirked at Hikari's clever assumption, "Oh, and why would you think that?"

"Because peppered mackerel is normally found on that type of menu." Soma said.

"Plus, you can't hope to learn this kind of dish in just any old restaurant." Hikari finished.

Isshiki chuckled, amused by how these twins thought so closely together. The twins however were thinking up ways to cook with fresh in season mackerel. Suddenly, their eyes widened as they looked at each other and smiled.

"What do you say, big brother? You thinking what I'm thinking?" Hikari asked. Soma nodded.

"Of course! Yukihira number 20 of our secret menu." He exclaimed.

"Yukihira?" Isshiki wondered aloud as the twins tightened their headbands.

"That's the name of our family restaurant." Soma answered.

"Since mackerel is one our most popular dishes back home, we'll do the same as you and even use spring as our theme." Hikari stated.

Isshiki watched closely, intrigued by the twins and their identical movements as they rushed for their knives and began cooking. He watched as Soma poured oil into the pan over a hot flame, and Hikari as she prepared the mackerel with gentle hands. He was surprised to see her move so quickly and yet worked so gently.

"The mackerel's ready Soma." Hikari called out.

Soma smiled as his sister, "Awesome, thanks sis." He took the mackerel and lay them perpendicular to each other so that they would cook evenly and sustain a beautiful brown color. He used a small spoon, to pick up the oil and baste the fish as it cooked. Meanwhile, Hikari was making a tea to go with the fish and slices some chives to go with the tea and rice she had prepared.

Some time went by and the food was done, the twins satisfied with they finished dishes.

"Order up." Soma called out, turning around with Hikari and seeing that a few of the sleeping students were now awake.

"Presenting Yukihira style number twenty, revamped! Mackerel onigiri Chazuke." Hikari introduced.

"Now this is usually made with salmon, but Hikari and I thought it would be cool to mix it up a little by using mackerel. There's enough for everyone so please, eat up."

Ryoko happily took one of the bowls with an excited look in her eye.

"Wow, thanks a lot. Okay, so what do we have here?" She asked examining the tea in the bowl.

"That's salted seaweed tea." Hikari said, "It's bold, but I thought it would finish off the meal perfectly with its slightly salted flavor."

"Aahhhh!" Yuki exclaimed, "If you cook up something like that you're gonna make us all hungry!"

"You got that right." Shun agreed.

Isshiki took one of the bowls and examined its contents.

"Okay." He thought, "This looks like normal chazuke. This dish would be served in any cheap eatery. Unless..."