XXXVI. Guilty Conscience

Chapter 36, Guilty Conscience
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    " I used to think you were cool, but you're not.. You're evil.. "

~ Scarlett's POV ~

     You're dumb..

        You gave her an open shot and she took it...

     The voice in my head echoed as I groaned and then finally stirred awake, I looked around but there was nothing except a white room that I'm pretty sure I was supposed to go in.
   Instead I waited out here for a minute but then decided to walk in, there was another girl inside but she looked confused.

   "Excuse me..?"

     I whispered as I approached the girl, she turned around and smiled at me slightly.

   Normally I would've introduced myself to her but she isn't someone I'm familiar with, I learned to stop introducing myself so quickly to people.
  The girl looked around the room and walked around it, there was something iffy about all of this but I wasn't about to go around telling her that.

    "I'm Scarlett."

    The girl told me, I looked at her and now began to take in all of her features which seemed so similar.
   I looked at her as my jaw dropped.

  "I'm, I'm Scarlett.."

    I responded back to her, a smile grew on her face.

   "I know that, we're no different silly."

     Scarlett told me happily, I looked at her in shock, she truly is me.
  But she didn't look like me..

  "Obviously I don't look like you, there's one thing that I know that you don't!"

  The girl said in a sing song tone, I looked at her as she grabbed my hand and placed it in hers.

   "I'm your conscience, something in your head that tells you whether you're right about something or that you're missing something but you don't know yet."

   She finally told me, I looked at her and nodded slowly still not understand what is going on.

    "I could do verbal conversation or..."

  Mental conversations..

     The sentence finished in my head as she stood silent, Conscience Scarlett was a lot more preppy than I was.
  I looked at her and nodded slowly before telling her I chose the mental conversations, only because I thought it was really cool that she could do that.

    "Why, why exactly am I here and most importantly what is this place?"

       These were the two most important questions that I had to get out of my system, I wanted to know the answer but at the same time I didn't.
   Only because I was scared that my conscience was going to tell me I died, I didn't want to die.

   Not yet anyways, I didn't mind dying in Jaden's arms anyways.

   It's your own mind, you're here for a reason Scarlett.
   For me to show you that you need to think before you make a decision.

    I nodded my head slowly before my conscience moved closer to me, she grabbed my hand in hers and then looked at me.

   Do you trust me?

     I'm not gonna lie, I took a moment to really consider the fact that I probably don't trust my own conscience.
    But I nodded my head, Scarlett grabbed my other hand and then she closed her eyes.