Prologue

James got up of the ground. He had found himself in most peculiar surroundings. The weirdest thing however, was the fact that he had no memory of getting there, yet here he was. Standing on the purple dirt, looking up at the bright green sky. He was sure it was night, though how he knew, remains a mystery. He tenderly started moving forward, in the mind to discover more of this beautiful yet terrifying place.

Just as he made it to the closest tree, he turned. And behind himself, he saw a most horrible sight. A being, if it could be called that, was standing behind him. His legs started running, faster than he ever had. Yet the being was catching up. It had terrible claws, which James was praying to not get cached on. His massive jaw was ripped up, as if another one of these beings had attacked him. And his eyes! They were positioned at the side of his head, and had neither pupils nor irises. The most peculiar thing about the being was its colour. Just as how the whole place was so colourful, so the being was colourless. It was so colourless that it sucked all the colour from around it.

It was getting closer. James could feel its breath on his neck. All he could do was go faster, though it seemed as though his legs would fall off. But he went faster, though he was so, so tired. He knew the being would catch him. All he could do was postpone the dreaded meeting. But eventually he was caught. James felt a pang of pain as Its claws pierced his flesh. He passed out from the pain, knowing that he could never get out of that dreaded place alive.

James woke, sweating. He was fully fed up of these nightmares. Every night he dreamt of that place, and every night the being caught him. He just couldn't help but wonder... What if it was not a dream?