9- Saved by Eddie

EDDIE
There is only one time within 24 hours that I actually drink water. That is at night. Feeling a wave of thirst, I sat up, opening my eyes. Moving the hair from out of my face, I stood up, noticing that Y/N wasn't in bed.

"Y/N?" I asked, assuming that she might have been in the bathroom. With no response, I opened her bathroom door and noticed that she wasn't in there.

"Y/N? You in the kitchen?" I asked, heading downstairs. I was worried when I saw Y/N standing at her front door, her hands by her side. Going around to face her, my heart dropped when I saw her eyes messed up and facing upward.

Having seen this before with Chrissy and now Max, I knew what to do.

"SHIT!" I scrambled back up to her room, desperately trying to find her walkie-talkie.

"Steve." I spoke, trying not to panic.

"Steve!" I yelled, hearing more static.

"STEVE!" I screamed, finally hearing the static disappearing.

"What Eddie?! What. It's 4 am and I should be asleep. I'm just trying to relax and calm down after yesterday!" Steve yelled back.

"It's Y/N! What's her favourite song?!" I asked, not bothering to respond to Steve's stupidity.

"Separate Ways by Journey...why?" He asked.

"Vecna." I spoke.

"Shit!" I heard Steve curse before the connection went dead. Grabbing her Walkman, I sighed in happiness when I saw that the tape was already in it. I ran downstairs, putting her headphones on her head before pressing play, just as she levitated like Chrissy and Max did.

Within 10 minutes, Y/N hadn't come down, but she hadn't been snapped by Vecna. I was scared when Steve, Dustin, Max, Lucas, Nancy and Robin opened her front door, every one of them gasping and screaming when they saw her.

"What happened?!" Nancy asked, scared.

"I stayed over to make sure she was okay. S- She wasn't in her bed when I woke up. When I came downstairs, I saw her facing the door so I went around to see if she was okay...then I saw her eyes. I raced upstairs, asked Steve about her favourite song and grabbed her Walkman. I managed to get it playing for her before she started levitating." I explained the past 6 hours.

"It's up to her now." Max sighed in fear as we all look up at her floating body.

Y/N
"It's time for your suffering...to end." Vecna spoke, getting closer to you.

"It is time, Y/N. Time for you to join me." You could hear your brother's voice when he said your name.

"GET AWAY FROM ME!" You screamed, watching as Vecna got even closer to you.

You kept seeing flashes of your dead brother, blood all over his face.

"You aren't real!" You spoke, not daring to cry.

"That is exactly what Max said." He laughed, before he was within arms length of you. You looked around to see red. Red clouds, red floors and structures. There were posts with Fred and Chrissy's bodies.

You tried to escape, closing your eyes and imagining being back with Eddie. As your eyes remained closed, you could feel Vecna's hand hovering over your face. Before he could touch you, a familiar song played. As you heard it play, you felt slimy tentacles wrap around your body.

"Here we stand. Worlds apart, hearts broken in two, two, two." You sung, knowing that it would calm you down.

"Sleepless nights. Losing ground, I'm reachin' for you, you, you." You kept going, feeling the tentacles get harder and harder to break free from.

"Feelin' that it's gone. Could change your mind. If we can't go on. To survive the tide, love divides." You felt a wave of energy. Feeling stronger, you broke free from your restraints and ripped one of the tentacles in his neck, narrowly escaping.

You ran, seeing floating structures drop around you, presumably to try and stop you. You could see yourself floating in a portal, with Eddie, Nancy, Steve, Lucas, Dustin, Max and Robin standing around you, each of them trying to bring you down.

As the song continued playing, you ran faster. You didn't panic. You didn't cry. You focused your gaze on your friends and ran, not bothering to dodge the falling structures.

You blinked, feeling lighter than a feather. Falling down, you were caught by Eddie, who looked overjoyed to see you. He gave you a massive hug, before everyone else did the same. Steve's hug was weird. He barely wrapped his arms around you and he pulled away as fast as he could.

Taking deep breaths in and out, Eddie carried you upstairs.

"I thought I'd lost you." He hugged you again before pulling away. He pulled your covers over you, helping you get warm.

"I thought I was going to die." You admitted.

"So did we. I'm glad that you're okay Y/N. I don't know what I would've done if we'd lost you." Eddie smiled as he held your hand.

The rest of the group came into your room, Steve looking straight at your vanity to see the wig, the wig cap and the pins. You quickly looked over at Steve, who looked sad and disappointed. You figured that he was upset that you didn't tell him about your hair.

Max, Dustin and Lucas noticed the scar on your face. Robin noticed the Megadeth blanket and smiled.

Nancy, on the other hand, sat on the edge of your bed, her note pad out. You assumed she was about to ask you a whole lot of questions.