Chapter 10

Newt's POV

"So..." Minho said, breaking the silence. "I assume we're gonna talk about the whole 'cant go outside' thing?" 

Alby nodded. "I guess we've been trapped long before we entered this maze." He paused. "Wait, Jace mentioned that she had a pet worm. And at one point she had a flower in her hair. How did she have those if none of us could go outside?" 

"I don't know." 

Alby and Minho looked over at me as I stood up to take the tape out and place it in the stack of the ones we'd already seen. 

"But it doesn't really matter does it. We all know that this all happened a while ago." I told them before leaving to go to bed. 

...

Once again, I opened my eyes to see myself in that small room I had been in the past few nights. However, this time it wasn't Jace who was with me.

It was Thomas, and he was crying.

"Tommy, I can't help if you don't tell me what's wrong. " I said, putting a blanket around his shaking shoulders. 

"This isn't something you can help me with Newt." He replied, pulling the blanket tighter around him. "I just don't want to be alone."

I sat down next to him, putting my arm around his shoulders.

"That I can do."

Minho's POV

For the first time in a few days, when I went to go see Newt, he was already awake. He's staring up at the sky, looking... lost.

"Hey. You okay?"

He jumped, then looked over to me.

"Thomas was in my dream."

I quickly sat down next to him.

"I need details Shank. What happened? Was I there too?"

Newt shook his head.

"He looked older. Probably close to our age when we first got here. And he was crying. Saying that he couldn't stop them. But he wouldn't tell me who 'them' was."

He was crying? My heart hurt. Thomas was wonderful, he shouldn't be crying. Who made him cry?

"I can hear you spiraling." Newt commented, breaking me from my thoughts. "I think he was crying because we would be coming here soon. He said that he didn't want to forget."

I ran a hand through my hair. Guess it was a good thing I wasn't running today. I'd probably get eaten by a greiver.

"We should tell Alby."

Newt sighed, but nodded. Even if he didn't want to, this wasn't something we should keep to ourselves. If theses tapes are causing us to remember, then there's a chance...

That they weren't sent by the Creators.

Hi! Sorry for the extremely late and short update. I fell out of interest in tmr for a while, and even now I'm not as invested in it as I used to be. But I love a good love story, so I'm gonna continue with this for as long as I can. I'll try to post a longer chapter next time.
~RG